Sign in to follow this  

California Hydration / Tool back pack: what is the Shiznit?

Another vote for the vest. A little tight to squeeze a 100 ounce bladder in, but it has been done.

:rolleyes: Fag. With all the time you spend on the ground hurt, or off the bike healing, how would you know?

Cause I used mine for the 29Palms to Lake Havasu rides we would do in late April. Temps usually in the 90's. Lots of storage for the extra stuff needed for longer rides and radios as well.

Ok fag, come on out on Saturday, doing a Barstow ride that will be a bit more difficult than the first time we rode out there :devil:

Ogio vest, only way to go in any weather.

Look out Tim, hope you are a certified EMT if you ride with Orange Yard Dart!

Edited by PALMER84ONE

2006 I saw this sweet pack made by WolfPack. This dude Jeff Wolf I believe. I paid $120 for it and it's still going strong today. It mounted to your chest protector. has place for tools, 70oz hydration, extra water bottle or fuel bottles and an extra bag for cell phones, two way radio, gps. It's also got a 5" wide strap that totally surrounds your chest for extra protection. I love it, it's also outlasted the original chest protector and still looks the same as it did since new. Too bad he's not building them anymore.

I have an Ogio Fight vest I bought a while ago.  I wore it a couple of times and then slowed down on the offroading.  It's been hanging on the wall.  I'll take $75 if anyone is interested.  Perfect condition....

• Like 1

Ogio vest, only way to go in any weather.

Look out Tim, hope you are a certified EMT if you ride with Orange Yard Dart!

Can one perform EMT work on themselves :lol:

One would need to show up first :nevergonnahappen:

Edited by KennyMc

I agree with Slyko. Go cheap on the backpack, but get a good bladder. I use the Outdoor Products packs I have three of them. I've had the same three for years (at least 5). I have one for mountain biking, one for hiking/geocacheing, one for dirt biking. They came with bladders, and once they start leaking or I leave them full of water for two months in the garage and they get moldy, I replace the bladder with something better. The bladders I like the best have a detachable hose and bite valve so you can completely air-out the hose, bag and bite valve between uses. And a big plus are bladders that have filler hole big enough to pour ice into. In the summer I fill the bladder with ice, then top off with water. Stays cool almost all day that way. You can't do that with a filler that will only take one ice cube at a time. Stay away from bladders with zip lock fill openings. They last about three weeks before they are leaking. 

The Outdoor Products packs look and feel cheap, but mine are holding up pretty well.

EDIT, I've also started moving my tools from the backpack to the bike. I bolted some small bags onto both of my bikes. One tool bag on the rear fender, and one tube bag on the font plate/fender. It's really nice to get the weight of my tools and tube off of my back. 

I like dirt-bike-gear.com bags.

Edited by cosmoKenney

Ogio flight vest over my 661 pressure suit. 100oz bladder, and a TON of tools. adjustable straps to snug it up and not only does not not move around like my backpack style hydration packs, but it also balances the weight so it's not all hanging on your shoulders.

Have done 100+ degree rides from Ensenada to San Felipe in this setup.

• Like 3

(Knocking on wood as I type) I haven't needed those services in over 8 years with the arm. How about you?:smirk:

You don't scare me. :moon:

• Like 1

Saturday it is then. Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

We all know you would be the first to try.  :jawdrop:

(Knocking on wood as I type) I haven't needed those services in over 8 years with the arm. How about you? :smirk:

I don't think he scares many. He does put together a good show and a ride I hear. One doesn't even need a "E" ticket.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

We all know you would be the first to try. :jawdrop:

I don't think he scares many. He does put together a good show and a ride I hear. One doesn't even need a "E" ticket. :thumbsup:

Your invited as well. :thumbsup: As you say, shouldn't be scared.....

Your invited as well. :thumbsup: As you say, shouldn't be scared.....

:snore:

I would definitely go and this is NOT an EXCUSE... I am heading to the other state for a week to finally tile the backsplash in the kitchen. Dang picky women had to find the exact 50 shades of grey.  :smirk:

When Jim from England gets here, you should show us a good time on the 2 strokes, or come up to Ridgecrest on the 20-22nd and meet up with Rack and the dirt diggers race on the 22nd. I am only going for a day (not the race day) and leaving him with Rack to abuse.  :doh:

Edited by PALMER84ONE

:snore:

I would definitely go and this is NOT an EXCUSE... I am heading to the other state for a week to finally tile the backsplash in the kitchen. Dang picky women had to find the exact 50 shades of grey. :smirk:

When Jim from England gets here, you should show us a good time on the 2 strokes, or come up to Ridgecrest on the 20-22nd and meet up with Rack and the dirt diggers race on the 22nd. I am only going for a day (not the race day) and leaving him with Rack to abuse. :doh:

Ridgecrest ain't got nuttin' like Barstow....
  • Like 3

Leatt hydration pack for fluids and other items and a fanny pack for tools and such....for long rides.  For races I bring a crescent wrench, screwdriver and about 25' of Para cord and some JB quick steel and a 70oz bladder, all fits in my FLY fanny pack.

I try and keep as much weight as possible Off my shoulders.

I put all my tools/supplies in an Ogio 450 toolbelt and an USWE A2 hydration on my back.

I can ride a lot longer with this setup..

• Like 2

On topic nothing beats the Batman utility belt.

Ridgecrest ain't got nuttin' like Barstow....

As for you and your words, I remember a nick name given to you in that area by a couple of guys.  :naughty:

I have been drooling over the Ogio flight vest for a while. Low profile with lots of storage and a hydration pack.

I made the jump from a hydration pack to the Ogio Flight Vest last year and  it is in a completely different league. I carry all my tools, spare tires, water and food and never feel the 15-20 LBS all day. The bonus is the Flight Vest acts as a kidney belt and accessibility to my stuff is worlds more convenient. 

• Like 1

On topic nothing beats the Batman utility belt.

As for you and your words, I remember a nick name given to you in that area by a couple of guys. :naughty:

Come on out for a ride without any excuses.....

Saturday it is then. Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Sorry. I got something going Saturday.