Any good 60% Dirt / 40% street tires to recomend?

Hello, I have the drz400sm and I am wanting some 60% dirt /40% street tires. Does anyone recomend any certain sizes or brands. I have done some searching and I am just not sure about the sizes that will fit. Does anyone have any past expierence with this. Thanks in advance.

have you looked into the shinko 705's? more of a street tire but i have used them on fire roads and light dirt trails and liked them very much.

Shinko 244's,  they are a true 50/50 tire,  but are awesome in the dirt and are great on the street as well.

stosm10_zpsd0125261.jpg

stosm6_zpsf88c242b.jpg

Nice Bike 150ron! Those look like exactly what I am looking for. Where did you order them, and are they the same sizes as the stock sm tires (Front – 120/70R17, and Rear – 140/70R17)? Sorry for all the questions but where did you get those hand guards as well, also exactly what im looking for LOL.

Heres mine btw. For now, atleast. I did the TT 39mm carb, and 3x3 mods. Currently waiting on my shorty MRD exhaust and sitcker kit. Waiting until its a little warmer to put my TT case protectors on.

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

if you got money get the pirelli mt60r

my friend just got them..they are a 60/40 tire.

its has very similar tread pattern to the wet SM track day tire, which are super grippy in all weather, and alottt of terrain

they only come in 160 for the rear, and i was amazed that his pirelli mt60 160/60 rear was SKINNIER than my pirelli angel gt 150/70! 

so youll have no problem with this specific 160

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pirelli-mt60r-rear-tires

Edited by 707LAKE

Pirelli MT 60 is a good tyre for all condition....

Below is the new tyre I just yesterday fitted to the rear of my E for selling the bike.This is a 120 profile...Prob would go with a larger profile if I was keeping the bike....

A 140 was on previously and just fit with reasonable clearance...I feel anything bigger would have fitment issues..

This is fitment to a 18" rim, so the section size will work out different for a 17" wheel...where a larger profile seems to be fine

Photo0120.jpg

photo0119.jpg

Edited by Craigo

I've got the shinko 244 on my one bike they're a pretty good blend of street and trail and they're cheap which is a plus I'm on my third set

Shinko 244's,  they are a true 50/50 tire,  but are awesome in the dirt and are great on the street as well.

stosm10_zpsd0125261.jpg

stosm6_zpsf88c242b.jpg

That bike looks bad ass.  Nice job....

Warner

Running the 244's as well, great price and good grip on dirt, rock, and pavement and predictable in gravel. Can't go wrong.

Nice Bike 150ron! Those look like exactly what I am looking for. Where did you order them, and are they the same sizes as the stock sm tires (Front – 120/70R17, and Rear – 140/70R17)? Sorry for all the questions but where did you get those hand guards as well, also exactly what im looking for LOL.

Heres mine btw. For now, atleast. I did the TT 39mm carb, and 3x3 mods. Currently waiting on my shorty MRD exhaust and sitcker kit. Waiting until its a little warmer to put my TT case protectors on.

motorcyclesuperstore.com,  front is a 4.60-17,  rear is a 5.10-17.

The Shinko 244s are great, though I felt they were a little more street biased than dirt.  I only did a few hundred miles on them before selling the bike though and only 1 dry offroad excursion. 

Check out the Michelin T63s too.  I ran through a set before the 244s and they were great off and on road.  They are very similar to the D606 but less expensive.  The only time I was nervous with them was in extremely muddy / rocky / root filled terrain, but I would nervous with any tire in that situation.  They hold the road surprisingly well too, even at pretty good lean angles, never once stepped out on me.

its has very similar tread pattern to the wet SM track day tire, which are super grippy in all weather, and alottt of terrain

they only come in 160 for the rear, and i was amazed that his pirelli mt60 160/60 rear was SKINNIER than my pirelli angel gt 150/70! 

that's a street tire with a cool pattern, but definitely not a 60/40. 

the shinko 244 is a dualsport (50/50) tire that performs very well. 

DAMN,   you could get 2 complete sets of front and rear shinkos for the price of just one of those,   still,  looks very interesting,  like it would be better towards street use then the 244. 

that's a street tire with a cool pattern, but definitely not a 60/40. 

the shinko 244 is a dualsport (50/50) tire that performs very well. 

lol :facepalm: try again... its a 60/40 tire with extreme wet grip and excells in alottt of terrain

your sounding biased, have you seen or ridden a pair in person?? i have ridden the pirelli mt60r and i own shinko 244's.

DAMN,   you could get 2 complete sets of front and rear shinkos for the price of just one of those,   still,  looks very interesting,  like it would be better towards street use then the 244. 

forsure, thats why i said if you can afford it, shinkos are only good for there price point.. & besides that the front blows dick and everybody knows it, the price makes the shinkos a good tire. if shinkos were pirelli price NOBODY would want that dumb rear for the front lol..

i only used my shinkos 3 weeks, took em off, and been saving for dirt rims :thumbsup:

lol :facepalm: try again... its a 60/40 tire with extreme wet grip and excells in alottt of terrain

your sounding biased, have you seen or ridden a pair in person?? i have ridden the pirelli mt60r and i own shinko 244's.

forsure, thats why i said if you can afford it, shinkos are only good for there price point.. & besides that the front blows dick and everybody knows it, the price makes the shinkos a good tire. if shinkos were pirelli price NOBODY would want that dumb rear for the front lol..

i only used my shinkos 3 weeks, took em off, and been saving for dirt rims :thumbsup:

True,  the front is horrible,   way too wide and heavy,   hated it,  the rear is ok,   wonder if the 4.60-17 would fit on the rear,  might make it even better. 

True,  the front is horrible,   way too wide and heavy,   hated it,  the rear is ok,   wonder if the 4.60-17 would fit on the rear,  might make it even better. 

the rim is 4.25 so it should..but then you got 4.6fr/4.6rear, tht might be awkward i duno

there was an old thread i found ..i dont think user is still on TT..but he mounted a 3.0(maybe 3.1 cant remember size) on front17..n 4.6 on rear.. both 244's

Edited by 707LAKE

the rim is 4.25 so it should..but then you got 4.6fr/4.6rear, tht might be awkward i duno

there was an old thread i found ..i dont think user is still on TT..but he mounted a 3.0(maybe 3.1 cant remember size) on front17..n 4.6 on rear.. both 244's

They offer a 3.00-17,  id love to see that mounted on a front. 

Do they make the Michelin T63 for the 17's? I like my SM setup but every now and then i have the urge to hit some dirt roads on my way home from work. Cant really fork out the cash for dirt wheels!

yes, i've ridden them. for a gravel road, it's fine, just like any street tire is. 50/50, or the more dirt oriented 60/40 that you mentioned, means more than gravel roads. off road means it needs lugs, and even as small and closely packed as the 244's lugs are, they're still lugs. the tire you mentioned has no lugs. it's a street tire. 

your scale is off.. the 60 = street ... 40= offroad

that would be less offroad that 50/50

im wrong your wrong, but mostly you lol  :ride::p

50/50, or the more dirt oriented 60/40 that you mentioned, means more than gravel roads. off road means it needs lugs, and even as small and closely packed as the 244's lugs are, they're still lugs. the tire you mentioned has no lugs. it's a street tire. 

preview_Pirelli%20MT60%20rear_zpsoeu0cur

Edited by 707LAKE