Beta 300rr clutch cover options

I've been riding a lot of rocky riverbeds lately...I'm just looking ahead of time at options of a stronger clutch cover and or what's available for protection that goes over the stock cover.. or anything else that could help protect.. I was also wondering for those carbon fiber covers ..or other kinds of protective covers... How are those attached? epoxy.. glue? I don't know anyone right off that has one of those..

a couple of ex.

http://shop.getdirtydirtbikes.com/Carbon-Fiber-Clutch-Cover-Guard-HP-CCG-125.htm

10685565_872223809464380_390042384145944

I got the carbon fiber guard from get dirty dirtbikes. I just doused it with black silicone & clamped it while it dried. Best picture I have with it installed.20140903_174551.jpg

• Like 1

I got the carbon fiber guard from get dirty dirtbikes. I just doused it with black silicone & clamped it while it dried. Best picture I have with it installed.attachicon.gif20140903_174551.jpg

Looks pretty nice! So has it hit any rocks?..does it seem like it would help from impact? ..or would you rather get another cover or guard?

That XRC looks pretty bullet proof. I haven't hit any major wipeouts yet but seeing that photo on Thumper Talk about 1-1/2 years ago where the one thumper put his brake petal through his case, and seeing the weak link there, I thought I'd get extra protection. + it's a little more bling...

• Like 1

So mainly because I can't leave stuff alone and one thread where a sidecover and brake pedal got bashed..I ended up getting this. It looks pretty good. I hope so. I don't know anyone else who has one. I ordered from XRC ...contacted on facebook..from New Zealand...just ordered it today. I also got a groovy big sort of strong looking hammerhead brake tip.. and putting it on the beta billet beefy rear brake pedal.. That should handle the rocks and boulders.. better at least. For some reason we are hitting riverbeds and busting up our bikes more than usual. I got some carbon fiber swing arm guards too from a local guy too as my swing arm is getting scratched and gouged.. I can't have my new bike looking that bad. ..now it should look a bit better and be functionally stronger.. we'll see when the cover comes in at least. 

10685565_872223809464380_390042384145944

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

I got the carbon fiber guard from get dirty dirtbikes. I just doused it with black silicone & clamped it while it dried. Best picture I have with it installed.attachicon.gif20140903_174551.jpg

Actually the coverage on this guy looks great. The guard covers a lot of the pipe on the side on the top.. more than most others.. and of course it covers where I got my pipe a little dented on the top side of my pipe..higher than my flatland guard covers.. When I got my flatland pipe guard I thought that I should have put a little guard added on on the top side.. but I smashed it a bit before I made one.. such is life. I could still make it I guess but it doesn't seem like it makes that much sense since it's been dented a already.. maybe to cover the dent , prevent more damage etc.. really it can get ridiculous.. I'll be getting guards to guard my guards next.

Looks like I'll be getting the Rekluse cover. I never put a guard on mine and then cracked badly at KOM earlier this year. JB weld isn't working too well on it at this point.

I would prefer a different cover other than the Rekluse, but the options look rather limited at this point. I wouldn't want people to think an anti-auto clutch guy like me switched sides. :smirk:

Looks like I'll be getting the Rekluse cover. I never put a guard on mine and then cracked badly at KOM earlier this year. JB weld isn't working too well on it at this point.

I would prefer a different cover other than the Rekluse, but the options look rather limited at this point. I wouldn't want people to think an anti-auto clutch guy like me switched sides. :smirk:

You can go the xtreme race way.. I did.. beefy..and shouldn't scratch the black or red off to show the metal below much.. I think the rekluse might have a little more volume of oil..tiny bit more.. It looked solid for my 300 rr when I bought for that one so I went and bought another one for my 350rr.  

https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRaceComponents/photos/pb.197712790362316.-2207520000.1460274912./635648723235385/?type=3&theater

11216843_519685654860633_898902442521427

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Whats everyone running for clutch covers? Currently running a rekluse cover, but dont like the idea of bending my brake pedal to clear the cover. In a recent event i bent 2 pedals, one all the way under my foot peg, jamming the back brake on during the prologue. Looking at the xrc covers, can anyone confirm that the brake pedal does not need tweaking to clear?

• Like 1

That’s what I run on my 350 and my 300rr . It fits fine. I didn’t know the rekluse covers have issues fitting 

They don't have problems fitting, or at least my 17' doesn't.

IMG_7257.JPG
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2016 at 0:04 AM, Sierra_rider said:

Hilarious.....as I feel 100% the same way..not an ole man clutch fan, and talk some trash, so can't put that cover on mine, but aside from the logo, its what I want/need.

• Like 1