Race Gas?

Does the high octane race gas make a big enough difference over 92 octane pump gas to make it worth it?  If so, where is a good place to buy it???

Does the high octane race gas make a big enough difference over 92 octane pump gas to make it worth it?  If so, where is a good place to buy it???

No.  If you set up the bike to run a higher octane fuel ie more compression, then race gas makes sense.  If the bike does not ping on pump gas then there is no need to go to race gas.  Stock motor doesn't need race gas. 

I agree with Condor , but actually the lowest octane fuel VP has, MR-12 will give you the most power, somewhere between 4 to 7%, but you also have rejet richer, because the fuel is highly oxygenated and would make the bike run really lean. A lot of money, some hassle, but they sure run sweet when set up well. Whether it's worth it is up to you. 

KFG sells VP fuels  in the WA area.

The only "special" gas I would even consider putting in my CRF is ethanol free fuel like VP C9.  That being said.  I run pump gas in my CRF 99% of the time and save the VP C9 for my fuel injected bike.  I even have a 13.5:1 piston and she runs just fine on 93 pump fuel.  You will be wasting your money putting race gas in your 250X.

Edited by ScootMcGoot