Sign in to follow this  

Need advice , 15 yz250 or 14 crf450?

Hey guys , I know this question gets asked a thousand times. But I have had my eyes set on a 2015 yz250. So next week I was planning on picking it up off my local dealer in aus. He is selling it to me for $9,400. But just today another dealer offered me a brand new 2014 crf450 for $8.200. ive ridden both bikes , and love them both. But is the 2 stroke really worth an extra thousand?

Hey guys , I know this question gets asked a thousand times. But I have had my eyes set on a 2015 yz250. So next week I was planning on picking it up off my local dealer in aus. He is selling it to me for $9,400. But just today another dealer offered me a brand new 2014 crf450 for $8.200. ive ridden both bikes , and love them both. But is the 2 stroke really worth an extra thousand?

Only you can answer that mate, its your money!

What kind of riding are you doing, I guess that would be the determining factor for me.  If its just for fun go for the smoker, or if you are racing woods, enduro, etc.  If your serious about racing moto, get the thumper.

Yes

Can he do the YZ for any less?

Some trail rides here and there. Sometimes some motocross to. Nah thats the best he can do with a 1000 dollar race kit.

Some trail rides here and there. Sometimes some motocross to. Nah thats the best he can do with a 1000 dollar race kit.

I'd go low hour used then.

Try and find a left over 2014 and older yz if you can. I would go with a KTM 250sx if you're paying thay much.

Or do this.