Bit of advice please

Hi all, just joined TT, everytime look on google for advice, this forum pops up, with great advice aswell!!

Yea, iv just started Mx, got myself 93 Yz 250, got it cheap, done work on her myself. Now she's ready to blast.. Thing is im road biker, I have a fzr600 streetfighter, been riding for many yrs. But riding a 2 stroke is a different ball game, I know how to feather my clutch and I tend to use my back brake alot on my road bike.

Im heading on track this weekend, any pointers in how to get the best out of my Yz... Im the type of rider who likes to improve his technique first and i believe speed and rythm will follow.

Cheers!

Si

No replies!! .... ( think I might remove my first statement out of my post) :-P

Just ride for now...

My advice is the same as Monk's, just go for a ride. Dirt and street riding are quite different, especially if you have any competitive road racing under your belt (almost none of that will transfer to dirt). Go ride, find your week spots, then come back to the forum and search, search, search. 

Welcome to the other side of motorcycling.  :ride:

I had a fzr600 until some asian dude in a van hit me. I have a 96 yz250. If your used to the power of the fzr then the yz should be a breeze. As already stated nothing transfers from street to dirt. Completely diff. game.

Get out and go ride!

I had a fzr600 until some asian dude in a van hit me. I have a 96 yz250. If your used to the power of the fzr then the yz should be a breeze. As already stated nothing transfers from street to dirt. Completely diff. game.

Get out and go ride!

Still keeping my fzr, wanna still road bike aswell. I love the power of the yams! Thought a good choice for me was the yz250, look smart and hear nothing but good reviews.. Yea been hitting the beach, just getting use to handling the power of the bike and ill just pick everything up as i go along.

There's and enduro track not far from mine, im heading there for just a play.

Im really getting into the world of MX.

;-)

My advice is the same as Monk's, just go for a ride. Dirt and street riding are quite different, especially if you have any competitive road racing under your belt (almost none of that will transfer to dirt). Go ride, find your week spots, then come back to the forum and search, search, search. 

Welcome to the other side of motorcycling.  :ride:

Cheers man! Yea I've done a few track days and love racing in general. Alot of my mates have said to me loads of times about doing MX, I've set up my road bike up like a supermoto.

So here i am now, im loving MX up to now and its gonna continue growing.

Ive got a few places around me here to practice on

;-)