Bell Helmet fit

Good Morning just wondering what the fit of a bell helmet is like. None of my local dealers carry the brand so I cant try them on. My head is a monster so a lot of helmets dont fit to well. I currently have a XXL Fly racing carbon helmet that was quite tight at first but fits like a glove after some use. Are the Bell helmets a small fit or comparable to Fly? Reason for getting a new helmet is because I hit a tree and put a crack in the top of it, even though its under a year old i figure shes toast. 

thanks, 

I wear the same size in bell, LS2, and oneal. Not XXL though.

I've never owned any of those brands myself but thanks for the input. Online shoppings tricky when you cant test stuff out. 

Depends on the model... My Bell Star (size small) runs a bit on the large side, where my Motor 8 (medium) runs small for its side.

I have a Bell Moto 9 in medium, I was the same in a Shoei.

Just got a bell and its tight. Hopefully it loosens up a bit.

ive had both, they run about the same.

I have a moto 9 and it was a bit tight (but in a good way).  It has loosened up a bit after a few months.  The padding is pretty thick so its not that the outer shell is small, which is why I say it was tight in a good way.

Bell fit snug. I didn't like my moto 9 that I bought. I sold it and got a Fly F2 carbon, which is amazing. It was replacing a Shoei VFX-W

Perfect thanks, I think ill go ahead ordering the 2XL the sizing chart for the two is close but the Fly is a tiny bit bigger. Bell Moto 9 2XL - 24 3/4" - 25 1/8"     Fly Carbon 2XL - 24 1/2" - 25 1/4"

It would be nice if there was a set sizing over all the brands. 

Good Morning just wondering what the fit of a bell helmet is like. None of my local dealers carry the brand so I cant try them on. My head is a monster so a lot of helmets dont fit to well. I currently have a XXL Fly racing carbon helmet that was quite tight at first but fits like a glove after some use. Are the Bell helmets a small fit or comparable to Fly? Reason for getting a new helmet is because I hit a tree and put a crack in the top of it, even though its under a year old i figure shes toast. 

thanks, 

Has a lot to do with the shape of your head too. I measure 24.25" which is between an XL and XXL in the Bell sizing chart, but I'm a "Long Oval" head shape. My bell Revolver and Bell SX-1, both in XXL fit tight and press my forehead uncomfortably (Until I broke-them-in with a softball), They are obviously neutral or more rounded shape evident by the red spot on my forehead when I take the helmet off (LOL). Anyway, because AFX helmets are more oval shaped, my FX-41 in XL fit perfect straight out of the box.

FWIW:,,, (LOL) or maybe,, "My Two Cents": I try to buy from, and support my local motorcycle related businesses, and suggest we all try to do so, BUT with that said,, Revzilla is one of the few on-line sites that include "head shape" info in their descriptions and videos. Since they show the initiative and competence to include essential information like this is the main reason that I try to buy from them, if my local shop is clueless or doesn't have the item that I need.

Edited by Phil_RC_1