Sign in to follow this  

Bell Helmet fit

Good Morning just wondering what the fit of a bell helmet is like. None of my local dealers carry the brand so I cant try them on. My head is a monster so a lot of helmets dont fit to well. I currently have a XXL Fly racing carbon helmet that was quite tight at first but fits like a glove after some use. Are the Bell helmets a small fit or comparable to Fly? Reason for getting a new helmet is because I hit a tree and put a crack in the top of it, even though its under a year old i figure shes toast. 

thanks, 

I have a moto 9 and it was a bit tight (but in a good way).  It has loosened up a bit after a few months.  The padding is pretty thick so its not that the outer shell is small, which is why I say it was tight in a good way.

Perfect thanks, I think ill go ahead ordering the 2XL the sizing chart for the two is close but the Fly is a tiny bit bigger. Bell Moto 9 2XL - 24 3/4" - 25 1/8"     Fly Carbon 2XL - 24 1/2" - 25 1/4"

It would be nice if there was a set sizing over all the brands. 

Good Morning just wondering what the fit of a bell helmet is like. None of my local dealers carry the brand so I cant try them on. My head is a monster so a lot of helmets dont fit to well. I currently have a XXL Fly racing carbon helmet that was quite tight at first but fits like a glove after some use. Are the Bell helmets a small fit or comparable to Fly? Reason for getting a new helmet is because I hit a tree and put a crack in the top of it, even though its under a year old i figure shes toast. 

thanks, 

Has a lot to do with the shape of your head too. I measure 24.25" which is between an XL and XXL in the Bell sizing chart, but I'm a "Long Oval" head shape. My bell Revolver and Bell SX-1, both in XXL fit tight and press my forehead uncomfortably (Until I broke-them-in with a softball), They are obviously neutral or more rounded shape evident by the red spot on my forehead when I take the helmet off (LOL). Anyway, because AFX helmets are more oval shaped, my FX-41 in XL fit perfect straight out of the box.

FWIW:,,, (LOL) or maybe,, "My Two Cents": I try to buy from, and support my local motorcycle related businesses, and suggest we all try to do so, BUT with that said,, Revzilla is one of the few on-line sites that include "head shape" info in their descriptions and videos. Since they show the initiative and competence to include essential information like this is the main reason that I try to buy from them, if my local shop is clueless or doesn't have the item that I need.

Edited by Phil_RC_1