What are you guys running for Race sag 08 yz250f?

Haven't been on this forum in a while! 

I have a 08 yz250f, I ride motocross only, i'm a mid pack junior rider. I'm good on the jumps, no as good in the corners. 

Wondering what people are running for race sag. 

Currently I have mine at 99mm of race sag and my forks are 7mm above the clamps. I see people running as low as 90mm (which I can understand since yamaha's can be hard to get turned) and other as high as 105mm or higher. 

Taking my suspension in to get serviced this week and just wondering if I should play around with a different sag setting when I get it back. Thanks! 

If it matters I currently have 27mm of free sag with the race sag set to 99mm. And I plan to run a slightly higher fork oil amount as I have been bottoming on the front. 

100-105 is my target range.  from what you described it sounds like turning is a priority for you so the lower sag and setting your forks higher in the clamps does help with that.  to answer your question you should play with your sag settings as you might discover somthing that will work better and the best part - its free!

I run 96mm with forks up about 2mm from stock.

100-105 is my target range.  from what you described it sounds like turning is a priority for you so the lower sag and setting your forks higher in the clamps does help with that.  to answer your question you should play with your sag settings as you might discover somthing that will work better and the best part - its free!

Thanks, yea I don't ever get head shake on my bike, so I'm not worried about that, and turning is definitely a priority. I will play around with it. I've been told though that once I started riding for the day I should not adjsut the sag because a warm shock will read differently than a cold one. Can anyone verify this? If thats true then I can only play with settings once per track day. Or stay off the track long enough for the shock to cool enough to adjust again. 

I run 96mm with forks up about 2mm from stock.

Stock is flush with the top clamp yes? So it sounds like my forks are 5mm higher than yours. How did you settle on 96 for your sag out of curiosity? 

Yes, a warm shock will read different sag than a cold one. Technically you should check it when it is warm so you can check it throughout the day.  If you do check it throughout the day, don’t forget your weight will change as you lose water weight, gain mud/dirt on yourself and your bike, and also your gas level will also change all of which will affect the sag.  Additionally, during the month your weight will vary and you may gain a couple of pounds (birthday celebration?) or lose some weight (wife’s cooking?) so each time you ride you should set your sag if you want to be that precise.

Thanks, I'm going to play around a little this saturday. I'm going to try 105mm and see how that feels. 

I have mine set @ like 108 on my '13. Fork height is pretty close to stock. 

Most of us on this forum like the 102-105mm sag setting. We raise or lower the forks depending on the soil conditions for turning. Don't forget that your rear HS comp setting will have an effect on turning when you're "throttle on" while turning. The HS comp has an effect on the rear squatting when power is added.