Sign in to follow this  

Tough Mudder on the FX

This past weekend I did the Gatorback scrambles at the historic venue in Gainsville Florida. It used the full moto track and the full supercross track plus about 6 miles of very UNflorida terrain which had steep climbs as well as long vertical drop-offs. It rained a ton and the whole course was shot. Worst mud race Ive done in 36 years. I was brutally beat by the conditions and crashed at least 4 times a lap but finished 5th (master) The FX worked great  and was a better choice than my KTM smoker for the conditions. The bike had to have 50 extra pounds of crap on it by the finish.11052383_1034221519940789_24271850256374yamie 2.jpgyamie 2.jpg

• Like 5

What ktm smoker do you have...this new fx has me intrigued along with the likes of the newer ktm 200xcw...Well done on your ride!!

Did it blow steam?

EDIT: Ah, I see the fan.

Did your clutch fade bad? My YZ doesn't take much before I feel extra play at the lever.

Edited by Swappa

Did it blow steam?

EDIT: Ah, I see the fan.

Did your clutch fade bad? My YZ doesn't take much before I feel extra play at the lever.

Didn't overheat and I have a Rekluse which worked awesome.

What ktm smoker do you have...this new fx has me intrigued along with the likes of the newer ktm 200xcw...Well done on your ride!!

2011 300xc

Looks about right.  I wasn't able to make it down, but I heard it was a mess.

• Like 1

Glenn141, after a race like that do you have any comments on the exposed electronics and that guard you rigged up?

Thx

Glenn141, after a race like that do you have any comments on the exposed electronics and that guard you rigged up?

Thx

I do.... without the shield I cobbed up that area of the bike would of been completely pasted but instead was not dirty at all(what lied underneath)  I think the shield protected the electronics as good as could possibly be expected.

• Like 2

That is some mud!

Your guard is a great idea.

I could make one but I'm lazy.

I'll wait for something to show up in the aftermarket.

That is some mud!

Your guard is a great idea.

I could make one but I'm lazy.

I'll wait for something to show up in the aftermarket.

If I have some free time I may just make a dozen or so and offer them to fellow FX riders at a reasonable fee.  

• Like 1