06 YZ250F oil weight

I just up my new to me YZ250F and the previous owner changed the oil prior to the sale. Its now time to do it myself and the service manual calls for 4 different weights depending on temperature... Problem with that is its varying wildly up here! Is there a standard weight anyone runs year round? 

I just up my new to me YZ250F and the previous owner changed the oil prior to the sale. Its now time to do it myself and the service manual calls for 4 different weights depending on temperature... Problem with that is its varying wildly up here! Is there a standard weight anyone runs year round? 

That's a very touchy subject, everyone's weather is so different. I live in the best weather ever, 65 degrees year round! Just go with what the weather calls for your riding as of now. If you need to change weight again next oil change it wont hurt.

I am just south of you and I do some cold weather riding in the foothills here. I run 10W40 all year round and haven't ever had any issues. Make sure you are getting it specific for a bike with a wet clutch though not just standard car oil.

I am just south of you and I do some cold weather riding in the foothills here. I run 10W40 all year round and haven't ever had any issues. Make sure you are getting it specific for a bike with a wet clutch though not just standard car oil.

Thanks for the suggestion. Literally an hour before you replied I went to the dealer and bought some 10w-40 and a filter. Glad my decision was re-affirmed. Bike runs great, she is happy with her new blood.