Sign in to follow this  

Flipping Bikes For Profit?

New too the forum. Looking for a few more tips on flipping bikes for a profit. Have purchased and flipped 3 bikes alone with a good profit but took me a while since I'm not a marketing wiz, looking for help on best places to reach out to people looking for bikes other than kijiji and craigslist. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I do the same thing and just discovered a few Facebook pages that you can advertise on and find projects on as well. For me it's Alberta motorcycles for sale and Alberta snowmobiles, quads, and atvs for sale. I'm sure you'd have the same thing in Ontario.

Oh god please dont start this up again... The last one JUST finally died and now this one pops up. FML shoot me in the head now plz.

Its a shitty idea! And not much money in it at all from a marketing standpoint. Take it from someone with experience and dont do it unless you got some smoking good deal on a nice bike or you simply just enjoy doing it and fixing them up. Their is very little if any profit in dirt bikes because their simply a toy, their notta means of transportation so their isnt much of a market for them in most a and if their is its pretty small.

Edited by Big Kahuna
  • Like 2

Well ive made some good profit on good deals. Im not looking to replace my day job i do it mostly for fun

But thanks for the feed back ^^

• Like 1

I do it a few times a year but lately I find there are more stupid kids selling absolute scrap than anything.. I just like tinkering in the shop with a buddy or two and have a couple beer and shoot the shit. It's more of a social thing i guess haha.. You definitly want to look at the newer bikes and never talk money over the internet.. I show up with cash and can usually talk them down considerably.

What part of ON are you from?

• Like 1

Well ive made some good profit on good deals. Im not looking to replace my day job i do it mostly for fun

But thanks for the feed back ^^

No, don't listen to the BK!!  He's a prick.  Probably rides motocross. 

If you wanna flip bikes, go for it.  The best bargain you can find is the wife whose husband is in traction therapy from a crash.  She'll give the bike away without even blinking.

Edited by LovingOffroadPain
  • Like 2

No, don't listen to the BK!! He's a prick. Probably rides motocross.

If you wanna flip bikes, go for it. The best bargain you can find is the wife whose husband is in traction therapy from a crash. She'll give the bike away without even blinking.

Some motocross riders aren't that douchey lol Edited by cardi4
  • Like 1

There are a fair number of bikes on the market that are pretty new that can be had at a good deal.  There's always the guy that bought the Monster KX after watching SX, then rode it a couple times, got bored or too busy with work or whatever, it sat in the garage for like a year, and wife is pushing him to sell the thing.  My son picked up a very nice CRF450R a couple years ago that way.

• Like 1

No, don't listen to the BK!! He's a prick. Probably rides motocross.

If you wanna flip bikes, go for it. The best bargain you can find is the wife whose husband is in traction therapy from a crash. She'll give the bike away without even blinking.

Some motocross riders aren't that douchey lol

Take as you want it but i wasnt being a prick haha. But yea i must be a legend if i motocrossed my xr600r seriously. So yea by that stupid statement you obviously dont know me. But if you want to see a douch bag i can show you one easily, go look in the mirror.

Im just givin the dude honest facts on my experience in fixing and flipping bikes. Of course you can make money but it wont be much(usually). Thats why i said only do it if you actually enjoy doing it... I enjoy it an do it when i see a good deal too.

But yea, &%$#@! off. ,|,,-_-,,|,

HATERS MAKE ME FAMOUS ;)

Edited by Big Kahuna

My friends & family constantly beg me to do this exact thing. Problem is I spend the time finding a quick "turn & burn" bike, car, boat, whatever....end up buying it, fixing it, & keeping it because I fell in love with the damn thing. Most of what Ive obtained over the yrs are fixer upper projects that just make me happy. I enjoy the wrench time as much as the ride time. Guess I need to build a bigger shop?

• Like 2

I just yesterday sold a yz450 I got for 1100, put 200 into, for $2900. There is profit to be made. The owner I got it from knew nothing of bikes, cam chain stretched, jumped a tooth and made him get mad and sell the bike. New front wheel bearings, cam chain, grips and tires and it was ready to go.

It was an 06, for what it's worth.

One of my best ones was an 07 ttr230, look like it had been ridden once. Spotless, for $1000. I think I got 1800 for it, plus some gear for myself.

I don't think I've ever gotten a bike that didn't need a set of grips. A nice set of them helps aesthetically. Watch out for bikes with cracked rims, and nasty air filters unless you can tell it was just gotten dirty.

• Like 1

I'm going to give you the biggest profit ideal there is in dirtbikes...prepare yourself!  Big money if you live in the right state!    Ok so in WV I can get a aluminum frame crf450r for around 1800-2200 with title.   Make the bike street legal (between 400-800) and sell the bike for 4500!   All Day!  $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

I'm going to give you the biggest profit ideal there is in dirtbikes...prepare yourself! Big money if you live in the right state! Ok so in WV I can get a aluminum frame crf450r for around 1800-2200 with title. Make the bike street legal (between 400-800) and sell the bike for 4500! All Day! $$$$$$$$$$$$$

That is a good idea to be honest. Most people dont wanna go through the hastle so why not profit from it? You could do it really cheap too if you bought all the lights and switches separately from ebay an , then got a street title and plate.

I never thought about this from a for profit standpoint, great idea man.

Edited by Big Kahuna
  • Like 1

That is a good idea to be honest. Most people dont wanna go through the hastle so why not profit from it? You could do it really cheap too if you bought all the lights and switches separately from ebay an , then got a street title and plate.

I never thought about this from a for profit standpoint, great idea man.

Yea buddy!  If i didn't have my time and money in my new tree service i started 2 years ago, id definitley be hitting this up!   In wv you have to get it inspected once you do all the street mods, so if you have a inspection hook up youre completely in!  Most people just want it street legal for short trips from trail to trail, so all the extras that are comfortable are unneeded.  Big money! 

• Like 1

Yea buddy! If i didn't have my time and money in my new tree service i started 2 years ago, id definitley be hitting this up! In wv you have to get it inspected once you do all the street mods, so if you have a inspection hook up youre completely in! Most people just want it street legal for short trips from trail to trail, so all the extras that are comfortable are unneeded. Big money!

Oh yea it would be big money if bikes are popular in your area. Unfortunatly here its mostly fag quad riders haha. Theirs tons of orv trails but maybe 1/10 rider are on a bike, so im not sure how well business would be up here in michigan. I might give it a try tho, its worth it for sure.

• Like 1

You guys think 2 strokes or 4 strokes can profit me more for one than the other ? It seems to me to maintain a 4 stroke cost a lot more

I buy bikes that are generally broken down in some manner, top end, crank or missing some sort of parts. I get em cheap $100- $700ish depending on what year and condition. I can fix anything on a two stroke and for relatively cheap so I look for for them over four strokes. I'm looking to try a four stroke project some day, I race one but I keep it in mint condition.

I buy bikes that are generally broken down in some manner, top end, crank or missing some sort of parts. I get em cheap $100- $700ish depending on what year and condition. I can fix anything on a two stroke and for relatively cheap so I look for for them over four strokes. I'm looking to try a four stroke project some day, I race one but I keep it in mint condition.

Do you buy parts off like kijiji and stuff or head to bike bandit ?