2002 KTM 400 SX

Rear wheel interchangeable w/2013

I am new here. I have a 2002 KTM 400 SX with a hub issue. My buddy has a 2013 350 18" wheel he said I can use but I am not sure it will fit and he is a town over. Anybody know off hand?

I am new here. I have a 2002 KTM 400 SX with a hub issue. My buddy has a 2013 350 18" wheel he said I can use but I am not sure it will fit and he is a town over. Anybody know off hand?

As far as I know the axle diameters are different.

Ah I saw where some parts differed from 02 to 03. This may have been one. The drive side holes in the hub are wallowed out a bit. I think I can make some steel inserts from 4140 to secure the spoke heads. Worth a shot.

I would be honestly amazed if anything but the handgrips change over from an 02 to a 13.

I would be honestly amazed if anything but the handgrips change over from an 02 to a 13.

tires and hand grips :lol:

I think it will fit, but you'll need to use the spacers from your bike.  When KTM went to the bigger rear axle in 13 on the SX and XC bikes, the only thing that changed on the wheel was the spacer.  The bearings and inner crush tube are the same.

Thats what I was thinkin. 13 has a 25 mm axle and I have a 20 mm. I can make the spacers if I need to. PLUS IT'S AN 18"!

I'm going to amaze sandlvr69 if it's the last thing I do lol.

I'm going to amaze sandlvr69 if it's the last thing I do lol.

Anything's possible with enough work. All I think you need is the spacers off your wheel, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for your help. I posted twice because I didn't phrase my problem right and some guy got offended. According to that link I should be good.

Thats what I was thinkin. 13 has a 25 mm axle and I have a 20 mm. I can make the spacers if I need to. PLUS IT'S AN 18"!

You should be able to use the spacers in your current wheel. Just pop em out and put them in the new wheel

Oops, I missed Bushpigs post before I typed :)

Edited by CBus660R

You should be able to use the spacers in your current wheel. Just pop em out and put them in the new wheel

Oops, I missed Bushpigs post before I typed :)

No, I didn't say that until after you did.

The link I posted (before) suggests that it should work.