Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust

I have a 2004 crf450r and was wondering if there is any advantage to replacing my stock header pipe with a fmf power bomb? It will run into a pro circuit ti 4. Also I'm running stock jets, do I need to change them. I'm an intermediate vet rider. Thanks

I have a 2004 crf450r and was wondering if there is any advantage to replacing my stock header pipe with a fmf power bomb? It will run into a pro circuit ti 4. Also I'm running stock jets, do I need to change them. I'm an intermediate vet rider. Thanks

Do you know for sure that the FMF header will slide into the PC?  Only reason I ask is I know on the newer bikes FMF headers stairstep up in size back to the silencer and im pretty sure the FMF header wont slide onto the stock silencer. Just tossing that out there for you to make sure the two pipes will seal up to each other since they are two different brands.

Changing anything you should assume you have to rejet see if fmf has a recommendation to start with then go from there. I don't think you will see a serious advantage by switching out the header maybe a horsepower here or there who knows. Properly set up suspension and rider skill wins every time over outright "performance" within reason of course.

Totally agree with you. I have to replace the header cuz dented it so I jus thought I would ask. Thanks for the response