Sign in to follow this  

Is denim better than spandex?

There's a lot of things I don't understand about the TdF crowd,  If that was a DRZ, dust yourself off and go.

There's a lot of things I don't understand about the TdF crowd,  If that was a DRZ, dust yourself off and go.

denim, spandex, slacks, suits = worthless in a crash, no matter what vehicle was used to propel the body. 

even though leathers can provide a lot of abrasion resistance, they will still lead to burns, sometimes third degree, on large portions of skin. 

if you're just taking a jab at cyclists, well, that's sad. there are PLENTY of harley owners to pick on. cyclists actually ride 

• Like 4

I think the general perception to bicycles is... it's a BICYCLE, how hurt could I get.  Now a motorcycle is DEADLY! :goofy:  I've left more skin on the pavement riding a bicycle than I ever have a motorcycle... knock on wood :smashpc:   Personally I gear up like crazy when riding motorcycles, but chose to wear basically zero when biking (old habits).

He's lucky that car stopped or else he'd been in an ambulance

Spandex? I'll just put this right here...

alexandra-bring-3-3-2015_zpslhu2baeu.jpg

2-600x600_zpsummpeql9.jpg

4-600x600_zps3qhikaru.jpg

16-600x600_zpsmndft2ki.jpg

tumblr_lr19476ADv1r23vfbo1_500_zpsbnbjgc

I see super has touched on your favorate subject, are those drop outs from your monastery.

• Like 1

denim, spandex, slacks, suits = worthless in a crash, no matter what vehicle was used to propel the body. 

even though leathers can provide a lot of abrasion resistance, they will still lead to burns, sometimes third degree, on large portions of skin. 

if you're just taking a jab at cyclists, well, that's sad. there are PLENTY of harley owners to pick on. cyclists actually ride 

ive gotten road burn through my gear before, it was like an abrasion burn from the looser part of my kevlar pants. on the outside of calf

If you Google "road rash treatment" most of the hits are bicycle related.

Still hurts when I think about it! Check out that awesome selection of gear I chose!

2014-08-18%2015.52.12_zpsrlfgequp.jpg

I checked the like button Hans, not because I thought that road rash was cool or anything, just for sharing what pain looks like.......... :(