Beverly dunes,WA tire choice

Hey guys i watched some youtube vids. Searched google , searched TT and dont have a good answer.

Now im 145 pounds , ride a 07 yz450 with 51 tooth gearin (woods) , heavier flywheel , yoshi slip on , blah blah.

Now my question is when i head to beverly dunes next month should i put my skat trak paddle on (paddle with the center fin) , or should i just use my mx tire?

I would say mx tire. Maybe I should say a mx tire will work fine. There is some hardback around there, plus other riding options in the area. If you wanted to just stick to the couple acres of sand, then you could run the paddle.

I don't run my paddle at any of the dunes in WA. When I first started riding I ran one a few times at Moses Lake, but then I quit putting it on because it just made everything way to easy. It's way to much traction for the dunes we have here. Running a paddle at Beverly would be just like riding your bike around in a Walmart parking lot. LOL! Not fun.. Plus they are horrible to mount! 

I hate mosses , usally wouldnt bother with sand unless im going to florance or winchester , but its a big guys weekend with the buddies and Yea im no newb when it comes to switching tires , or sand . Im leaning to my mx tires. Another question , how friendly is dnr there , will i be hasseled for noise if i run no baffel ? Is alcoholic bevarages allowed on the sand ?

I hate mosses , usally wouldnt bother with sand unless im going to florance or winchester , but its a big guys weekend with the buddies and Yea im no newb when it comes to switching tires , or sand . Im leaning to my mx tires. Another question , how friendly is dnr there , will i be hasseled for noise if i run no baffel ? Is alcoholic bevarages allowed on the sand ?

Their is no alcohol aloud there, just like moses. You do need a discovery pass, Im sure the ORV Sheriff will be around to check it. Im not sure how up tight they are about noise, but they might check to see if have a spark arrester. Here is a link with all the info on it

http://www.grantcountywa.gov/SHERIFF/SpecOps/ORV/index.htm

Beverly is pretty small and the sand is fairly coarse, I don't bother with a paddle there. DNR/sherriff has been patrolling that more the last couple of years so I would at least make sure you have your discover pass.

On March 3, 2015 at 10:35 PM, DBOBYZ450 said:

Does anyone know if Beverly is busy on memorial weekend?

Don't ever ride while drinking or stoned. Ever.  

Get TUbliss for your rear wheel and then just air down to zero psi with your favorite knobbie.  

I am a huge fan of Sedona 907 rear with tubliss.  Hard sidewall, tough as hell, amazing at zero in sand, great all purpose tire. Lasts on pavement and great for single track and mtn trails too.  Tiger top choice....

Drinking, stoned, music..... Anything that distracts you or inhibits your riding is mortal danger to you or others.  The brain must be super focused for split second responses with off road riding.  Now....after you are done for the day? F n a..... Party like a rock star man!

145lbs ? yz450 ?  run any tire you want,  drive up the hyw a mile and climb on haybecks hill

• Like 3

Tubeless? Shitty Chinese knockoff tires?   If your going to the dunes you need a paddle tire!    No chick will give you the time of day if you show up with an mx tire.   Is it busy on Memorial Day?   Of course it is everybody and their cousin will be out throwning down sick tricks!    

Your on the right track with a proper Japanese mx bike and not some overpriced over engineered euro POS.

unless ya wanna climb haybecks run anything but a paddle. As far as drinking at the dunes, I didn't know that...no wonder nobody wants to go there anymore.