crf 250x clutch problems

I have an 04 crf250x and recently the clutch has been acting up. When i engage the clutch the bike will roll but with quite a bit of resistance, do I need new clutch disks or just some oil in with the disks?

I have an 04 crf250x and recently the clutch has been acting up. When i engage the clutch the bike will roll but with quite a bit of resistance, do I need new clutch disks or just some oil in with the disks?

Terminology check.  When you are saying clutch engaged are you saying handle released?  Clutch lever pulled in is clutch disengaged.  If it is rolling with the clutch engaged, then yu definitely need to have clutch repair work done.  If you are getting some resistance with the clutch disengaged then to a point this is normal.  Different fluids may make this better or worse.  I change my trans fluid after every other oil change and I use ATF in the transmission side.  When the bike is cold there is some drag and stiction in the clutch.  Warmed up there is a little drag but nothing that will stall the bike.  I can start it in gear. 

when was the last time you changed the oil on the transmission side?? One thing you must remember is even if everything is good (oil, clutch plates, friction discs and clutch springs)these bikes are not the easiest to roll while in gear and the clutch lever pulled. But if you have noticed excessive drag with clutch lever pulled just recently I would suggest pulling the clutch cover and have a good look at your clutch checking for excessive wear and/or possible damage to clutch components