BAJA PROMOTIONS Returns to Ensenada and Baja

Aqui llegamos en Mayo 16 para las Gran Carreras "GP" y las PURE UTV "125" en el Ejido General Esteban Cantu. Mas detalles se encuentran en: 

Hotel de sede es el San Nicolas Hotel. Un circuito de 26.5 millas cada vuelta, Motos y ATV corren dos horas, UTVs corren cinco vueltas para llegar a 125-millas.

Estan invitados

Lou Peralta

For y'all that don't know... Lou Peralta, with his family & friends, put on top-notch GP's and long distance desert races in Baja from the mid-'80's to mid-'90's under the name Baja Promotions.

San Felipe, Mexicali, Ensenada, Tecate, Rosarito, Baja Malibu, Ojos Negros, and other places hosted Lou's great events.

Lou created some awesome courses, totally out of the box thinking, and was THE guy who scouted and burned in quite a few great routes that have been used and still are being used by other big name promoters and for fun by many of us who ride or drive Baja.
Lou still has some great course ideas he keeps under his hat, I know it, I've talked to him about areas.

Lou also promoted off-shore PWC races in San Felipe, Salton Sea, and Ensenada and now primarily does his AVERacing events up in Cal City.

There were a lot of great racers that competed in his events. Guys that were also winning other big name events, OA 1000 champs, top MXers, ISDE Gold medalists, Nat. H&H champs, and the list goes on.

There were lots of regulars at Lou events and it was like a family every race.
Good times for sure!!

I'm certain the 40+ & 50+ classes at this Punta Banda GP are gonna be like a reunion!
Heck, i'm sure I'm not the only one there who'll have his son or daughter also racing. It's gonna be awesome!
I'm so looking forward to this event, I've already mailed in entries for myself, my wife, and my son to all race.

Spread to word!
Join the fun!
You won't be disappointed!

I know there's some bad-ass racers who are coming to this event (I'm not one of those, I'll just be having FUN on my sweet YZ125 ;-)

It's GREAT to have Lou back in Baja!

PS - too bad Lou was busy running for political office rather than buying SCORE..... THAT would have been great for ALL the racers!

Edited by BajaBoundMoto

going to be a muddy race - the whole area is getting socked on today

looking forward to some pics of the aftermath

Edited by soylent_green

going to be a muddy race - the whole area is getting socked on today

looking forward to some pics of the aftermath

Just means the dust won't be a problem!

How did it go?

The event was awesome! Great 8.5mi course, some single track, some dirt road, lots of elevation change, and perfect dirt.

Friday, dumping rain....

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431963478.164989.jpg

Some of the Pro line 1st turn. OA winner Justin Morgan getting squirrelly. An old guy on a YZ125 3rd into the first few turns (and steadily moved to the back of the pack ;-)

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431963640.948292.jpg

Some killer awesome views...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431964018.881395.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431964059.816946.jpg

Fun trails...

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431964113.953481.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431963680.147257.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431963728.152636.jpg

Wow! The weather looks perfect

Shit I might just have to move back to San Diego for this, rebuild the legacy that was once known as Buzzards Racing...

Here's a couple pics I dug up real quick, Baja Promotions circa 1994-95ish. That's Buzzards Racing, the rider in the proofs was my pops (Steve Stevens aka The Cable Guy) and if you look close at the Trophy prez. pic. you might just recognize the mexican dude standing on the right.  I've got thousands of pic.s from B.P.'s ol hay day (these were just a couple of the top) and dozens of On Dirt mags with old articles from the back in the day.  Really glad to see it come back and the same time really bummed I moved to Idaho.  I would be all over this if I was still in SD.    

Edited by BajaBird Jr.

Mark your calendar, Saturday September 12, Punta Banda GP 2 !

I've been down there helping Lou come up with some new sections for the bikes. This event will be more trail, more steep hills, more rocks.
Too Much Fun !!!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1440525621.128212.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1440525692.700866.jpg

Edited by BajaBoundMoto

Is it possible to sign up the day of event?

YEP, race morning sign up is 7:00-8:30 (but it's Baja, they'll go later).

Pro entry $100.

All other classes $60.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1440699723.733427.jpg

Stumbled on to the race course the last couple days. Super fun single track and hills! Have not raced in quite some time, but thanks to Baja Bound moto, I am gonna give it a go:)

Good Luck!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1442108940.891527.jpg

I hope they do many more of these events

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1442161893.386404.jpg

Señor Morton watching Jr. Morton race with a front flat

Stumbled on to the race course the last couple days. Super fun single track and hills! Have not raced in quite some time, but thanks to Baja Bound moto, I am gonna give it a go:)

please let us know owhowyou did ?

I suck! I rode with Luis all week doing laps, then on raceday I did not race! Tim called me a &%$#@!, and well, he was pretty much right, but I did have a good time riding there! The hills are amazing! The single track was perfect! Makes me want to ride even more

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1442207833.174567.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1442207914.674557.jpg

Hmmmm, that's not how you spell P..u. S,,,, s. Y

Good fun Steve, stoked you came down!   Thanks for the help prepping the course and on race day keeping track.   Glad you have fun with all your "adventures" during the week!

Those uphills got really chewed up and tough.   I know most riders had a tough time with those.   I think the next course they're gonna want to go over those next hills to the south and make a long 23-26 mile loop.  Should be fun!