trail tech fan kit

Hi all ,i have just found a trail tech fan kit (used) going cheap but its from a 2014 crf 250 x ,would it still fit my 2004 250 x ????...I was thinking this may if cheap enough be a good investment for those hot days of summer when stuck behind traffic if nothing else but for piece of mind get pretty hot here ...thanks

The Trail Tech website has only one fan kit listed for the Honda and says it fits all CRF250X model years, so I'd say it will fit.

Edited by mossman77

yep thanks i checked that too ,but i wanted to be sure ..it says only used for an hour so i may well see if i can get it cheap thanks for the reply i appreciate it ..

How hot is your engine getting and what kind of coolant are you using?  You may want to give Engine Ice a try first and see if that helps lower the temp.  I was considering getting a fan kit as well, but think I'll try Engine Ice first.  It gets pretty hot here too during the summer months (100+) and I ride slow pace so heat is a concern.

Edited by mossman77

i have to be honest never seen it hotter than 70's ,but i have only just invested in a trailtech vapor so i have only just started to moniter it .. But that being said it gets to high 90's here and a lot of the riding i do at the moment is steep ascents a lot of crawling through forests ,as long as i am moving i am ok (colder weather ) !!,when i stop to chat or wait for my turn the engine temp is rising pretty quickly ,so i am just trying to take a precautionary approach for when the weather does get hot ..So far the fan is only 15 u.s dollars so if it stays that cheap i may try to buy it i can always take it off ..As for the engine ice i would like to try that too i just want to try and ellimimate problems b4 they start as i ride in some pretty dense forests with hills that  a mountain goat would struggle on so if i get stuck i will have a hard time getting home ..

i have to be honest never seen it hotter than 70's ,but i have only just invested in a trailtech vapor so i have only just started to moniter it .. But that being said it gets to high 90's here and a lot of the riding i do at the moment is steep ascents a lot of crawling through forests ,as long as i am moving i am ok (colder weather ) !!,when i stop to chat or wait for my turn the engine temp is rising pretty quickly ,so i am just trying to take a precautionary approach for when the weather does get hot ..So far the fan is only 15 u.s dollars so if it stays that cheap i may try to buy it i can always take it off ..As for the engine ice i would like to try that too i just want to try and ellimimate problems b4 they start as i ride in some pretty dense forests with hills that a mountain goat would struggle on so if i get stuck i will have a hard time getting home ..

For only $15, I say go for it. I am considering a fan as well, even though I was told it isn't necessary. I'll probably start with engine ice and monitor the temp on my Trail Tech then see if I need one. Seems like a pretty good idea.

If honest if it was really needed Honda would have fitted it as the recall would have been expensive ! But with the racing and the expectations of what the bike can do just getting harder and harder i figure if its cheap its a another thing cover'd ..if i find i never need it i will take it off and put it on for the long races in hot weather ,i am hoping to eventually big bore this bike and when i do i think the heat will rise so it may well work for me then ..I still have lots to do b4 that though 08 yokes ,flexible bars ,and the list still goes on and on ...