KX250 Gearing

Hey guys, recently changed from stock gearing to 13/50, bike will not wheelstand in any gear even when trying to clutch up, just constant rear wheel spin. Stock gearing did not have this problem any suggestions besides going back to stock because I prefer the bottom end speed over top.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425454414.944539.jpg

What was stock gearing? You could slow down how quick the engine revs up and get it to hook up better by adding a flywheel weight.

What size fly wheel weight would suit? Yeah it revs like crazy from 1st to 5th in no time, 1st is barley even a gear it revs that quick. I'll have sus out the stock gearing again I've forgotten think it was a 48 on the rear though

All good sorted the problem.

What did you do?

Hey guys, recently changed from stock gearing to 13/50, bike will not wheelstand in any gear even when trying to clutch up, just constant rear wheel spin. Stock gearing did not have this problem any suggestions besides going back to stock because I prefer the bottom end speed over top.

Thanks

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425454414.944539.jpg

I don't think you have a gearing issue. That "13/50" gearing is not nearly drastic enough have the effects you are describing.  And, I don't think you have constant wheel spin either. It, might sound like your wheel should be spinning, but I think your motor is revving up and the bikes speed is not matching up with the sound it is making, therefore you think the wheel is spinning. In all actuality,  it sounds like your clutch is smoked.

Edited by Rynousa294