The fast way to break in boots?

Up here in New England there is close to 4 feet of snow on the ground and it's not melting in any type of timely fashion... The first nemx is scheduled in 17 days at wareham mx up in mass. This Christmas I got hooked up with fox comp 8s because my old boots didn't have soles on them anymore. Anywho, I need to find a way to break on boots without necessarily riding, any clever ideas? Thanks guys,

Blaise 404

Edited by cardi4

Up here in New England there is close to 4 feet of snow on the ground and it's not melting in any type of timely fashion... The first nemx is scheduled in 17 days at wareham mx up in mass. This Christmas I got hooked up with fox comp 8s because my old boots didn't have souls on them anymore. Anywho, I need to find a way to break on boots without necessarily riding, any clever ideas? Thanks guys,

Blaise 404

Haha, my first thought when seeing your topic was, "Ride." 

You wants de ankles to flex to break dem in.  I'd say just wear them to the office (only if you combine them with a suit), wear them to the mart where you can squat down to buy groceries off the bottom shelf.  Try working out in them at the gym, tell skeptics that ur training for special forces recruitment and want blisters on your feet.. also bc you wanna be a better motocrosser.

Haha, my first thought when seeing your topic was, "Ride."

You wants de ankles to flex to break dem in. I'd say just wear them to the office (only if you combine them with a suit), wear them to the mart where you can squat down to buy groceries off the bottom shelf. Try working out in them at the gym, tell skeptics that ur training for special forces recruitment and want blisters on your feet.. also bc you wanna be a better motocrosser.

If I could afford the price of studded tires that would be the case lol

wear them around as much as you can, I like trail work to break them in however not quite possible right now....layer a few pairs of socks and go shovel!

Up here in New England there is close to 4 feet of snow on the ground and it's not melting in any type of timely fashion... The first nemx is scheduled in 17 days at wareham mx up in mass. This Christmas I got hooked up with fox comp 8s because my old boots didn't have souls on them anymore. Anywho, I need to find a way to break on boots without necessarily riding, any clever ideas? Thanks guys,

Blaise 404

I hate knew boots. I have several pair that I swap out depending on the pain of the day ankle,foot or toes ( minor trophies of the sport ) but LOP is right I ll wear a pair for a couple days before I even think about trying to find a brake pedal or shifter. New boots have caused a lot of big ass diggers trying to find the brakes lol When you go ride take your old boots with you

I hate it when my boots lose their souls.

Like everyone else said, just wear them around.  If they are the kind that have the steel thing on the toe I suggest you remove that, though.  My wife saw me walking around the house in mine a couple years ago and freaked out about what they were going to do to the wood floors. :smirk:

I'm not sure that Comp 8s are real leather or not....If they are, soak them in the tube for an hour or two, then wear them dry. This is an old work boot trick & works great, but only if they are leather.

Had a hard time finding just the right pic :)

exercise_bike.jpg

Yeah, what 6riders said. That's how is break new work boots in. Works well on leather!

Up here in New England there is close to 4 feet of snow on the ground and it's not melting in any type of timely fashion... The first nemx is scheduled in 17 days at wareham mx up in mass. This Christmas I got hooked up with fox comp 8s because my old boots didn't have soles on them anymore. Anywho, I need to find a way to break on boots without necessarily riding, any clever ideas? Thanks guys,

Blaise 404

try walking around with them

I hate it when my boots lose their souls.

I always missed the spiritual element of boots.

Soak them in water before wearing them

Soak them in water before wearing them

Soaking leather in water is not good for the leather.

Get used to riding with new boots. I like good ankle support so I put them on and ride. 1/2hr of riding with Tech 10's and they're perfect. Fox Instincts required no break in. By 10 hrs Instincts are ready for replacement... 15 hrs and Tech 10's don't have the support I like.

If I could afford the price of studded tires that would be the case lol

My neighbor made 2 sets for under $100

Wear them to the bowling alley.  Tell the manager that I said it was OK.

They'll be fine.....I live in the PNWet and my boots get soaked weekly, still in good shape after a couple years :thumbsup:

Water doesn't hurt leather dirt hurts leather. Leather work is a hobby of mine. That being said I wouldn't get them wet to break them in. I would oil them up and wear them. Don't put them in the oven either (people sometimes recommend this too).

Yeah. Well my 14 yr old size 14 AlpineStar tech 8's would strongly disagree with that :rolleyes: .

So. you're saying when I do river crossings I should may be put my feet up on the bars or something? My boots have spent more time totally water logged than they have dry.

Have a think about it :facepalm: .