Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 or Ktm125

I have been wanting to get a two stroke for a while, and have saved up enough money to do so. I've always been with Honda four strokes so I thought I'd just get a Honda two stroke, but my buddies tell me I should get a Ktm, I defiantly want a 125 two stroke. So what do you guys think?

KTM is the way to go. Hydraulic clutch makes the deal. I personally just moved from a yz 85 to a 2014 sx 125 and I love it! Wouldn't think twice about buying another orange bike!

How's the power?

Very good... When the power band hits you better hold on! I can get mine up to 80 mph no problem almost stock

Yea I'm leaning toward KTM now.

I have owned several Honda CR125s over the years and they are good, solid rides. The KTM is a better bike overall though.

I love red, but depending on years you can afford if new i would have to say ktm.

if older (pre 07) then its whatever is in better condition.

Well it would defiantly be used.

I would recommend getting which ever bike is in the best condition. KTM, YZ, CR, or a RM, doesn't matter. Keep your options open if this is just going to be your 2nd bike. Ktms have an adjustable power valve nut which is nice. Yz has SSS suspension (06 and up) 04 cr has an electronic power valve I believe? I haven't heard too many good things about it.

• Like 1

I would recommend getting which ever bike is in the best condition. KTM, YZ, CR, or a RM, doesn't matter. Keep your options open if this is just going to be your 2nd bike. Ktms have an adjustable power valve nut which is nice. Yz has SSS suspension (06 and up) 04 cr has an electronic power valve I believe? I haven't heard too many good things about it.

I'll probably ride a lot of trails with the bike also, is that a factor?

Husqvarna Cr125s and wr125s are great bikes as well. A 125 will work for trail riding. Remember that MX bikes will be set up pretty stiff, small gas tank, and no protection on the body. 2 strokes don't get as good of gas milage as 4t. Just a few things to think of. Jett the bike correctly to your ridding.

• Like 1

Husqvarna Cr125s and wr125s are great bikes as well. A 125 will work for trail riding. Remember that MX bikes will be set up pretty stiff, small gas tank, and no protection on the body. 2 strokes don't get as good of gas milage as 4t. Just a few things to think of. Jett the bike correctly to your ridding.

I'm looking at a 2007 KTM 250exc, it's made for the woods is why I'm leaning towards it.

Year suggestions?

the 2001 are known to have the best 125 motor however you could go for a newer one for the frame and handling upgrades

KTM for sure, I've had 2 03's, a 91 and now a 13. The 03 125 was the best 125 2t motor I've had, compared to the Kawi and Yamaha's I've had. I wouldn't' hesitate to buy another one.

The only KTM's I'd stay away from are the 07 and 08 144sx, they had issues...

KTM for sure, I've had 2 03's, a 91 and now a 13. The 03 125 was the best 125 2t motor I've had, compared to the Kawi and Yamaha's I've had. I wouldn't' hesitate to buy another one.

The only KTM's I'd stay away from are the 07 and 08 144sx, they had issues...

Well I'm wanting a two stroke for the woods, suggestions?

Well I'm wanting a two stroke for the woods, suggestions?

Find a 200, nearly any flavor...xc, xc-w exc or mxc, they are all good bikes, I wouldn't shy away from a KDX 200/220 either. They aren't quite as good as the KTM's in my opinion, but they are great bikes and are usually less expensive.

I rode 125's and 144/150's for years and while they are fun in the woods, they need a LOT of rider input to keep them going, a 200 will do pretty much everything better and easier in the woods.

• Like 1