Removing a Rekuluse

Sorry for the basic question...I am looking at buying a 2008 200 XCW for my son but it has a Rekuluse on it and I want him to learn how to ride and use a clutch better. The last riding we did was MX and now we are getting into trail riding. I am worried a Rekuluse will not teach him him proper throttle and clutch control.

So my question is if I remove the Rekuluse, what clutch parts do I need to reinstall? I am thinking the plates and springs but do I also need a new basket?

Thanks,

Which version Rekluse is it? Then go to the Rekluse site and find the instructions for it. Read them from the back to front.

+1 on what Betarocker said, knowing the model (Z Start, Z Start Pro, EXP 2/3, or Core EXP) will determine what was removed to begin with and what has to go back in.

Helps if you're the one that installed the Rekluse, so you know what was removed and what needs to go back in proper order, and yes, Betarocker has an excellent point.

That's what I was afraid off. Won't know what version until I get the bike and pull the clutch cover. Thanks all.

I see no reason to pull a perfectly good working auto clutch ~ even if the rider is a newbe.  Heck, you might even find out that he's faster than you by the end of the summer, teenagers have a habit of doing that to their dad's.  Matter of fact, you might find that he catches on quicker to trail riding with the auto clutch installed.

My 2 cents says "leave it".

Why not just adjust it so it doesn't "auto-clutch" and use it like a regular clutch?

I see no reason to pull a perfectly good working auto clutch ~ even if the rider is a newbe.  Heck, you might even find out that he's faster than you by the end of the summer, teenagers have a habit of doing that to their dad's.  Matter of fact, you might find that he catches on quicker to trail riding with the auto clutch installed.

My 2 cents says "leave it".

I think that the son might actually use the rekluse as a stepping stone that will make clutching a natural progression, by using the rekluse. The things that people don't understand, is that most people that actually rave about them still use the clutch to get power to the ground. My own instance, for example... I still use the clutch as I have since I was young. The times when they shine is when I start getting tired, and it "helps" when I would start to goof up. 

Well you still have to use the clutch when switching gears, all the rekluse helps with is getting started in a nasty section if you fall or if you're lugging it going super slow.

I think that the son might actually use the rekluse as a stepping stone that will make clutching a natural progression, by using the rekluse. The things that people don't understand, is that most people that actually rave about them still use the clutch to get power to the ground. My own instance, for example... I still use the clutch as I have since I was young. The times when they shine is when I start getting tired, and it "helps" when I would start to goof up.

I'm sure he'd love it, but I guess I'm just a little old school and want him to learn how to handle those slow moving technical sections with the clutch before I let him loose with the rekluse...heck it's almost like cheating!

Good job making him ride with a regular clutch. You should just be able to unbolt the clutch pack, take out the auto clutch, and put the stock clutch pack and springs back in. I put one in my wifes Gasgas and while my suspension was being revalved I took it out so I would have something to ride. It only took 30 minutes to put back to stock. 

If you are familiar with a clutch it should be no problem for you. Rocky Mountain has parts fiches if you need to look at it and also Rekluse has great customer service and I'm sure would help you out. Either way EXP or Z start you should be just fine

Well you still have to use the clutch when switching gears, all the rekluse helps with is getting started in a nasty section if you fall or if you're lugging it going super slow.

No you don't, I use a Z-start with no lever at all, just a rear brake lever on the bar.  ;)