Sign in to follow this  

2007 KX125 vs 2009 RMZ450

So my cousin just got himself a rmz 450 and we're going to go riding together trails, motocross, enduro, hillclimb and a bit of road riding. I'm just wondering will my bike be able to keep up with his at all? Tapped in 6th is something I do all the time and I'm quite a fast rider, I'm just wondering will my kx be able to even stay close without him having to slow down a lot.

Thanks ;D

Tight and slower stuff, no problem, even a technical MX track.  But, blasting out in the desert or fire roads, no way, he'll leave you in his dust.

The key to 125's is being able to carry speed.  I ride alot of different terrain (sand tracks, MX, technical single track) only time I'm ever looking for more is hill climbs.  If you can't get a good run up to it to carry some momentum you can get into trouble.

I raced a friend of mine on a sand track a while back, he was on a 08 YZ450 and I was on a 96 RM125.  He rides vet B enduro and couldn't pass me on the track.  When I still had my 05 KX250 I brought it and my 125 to Budds Creek, I'm faster on the 125 there.

He just might need to slow down a bit every here and there. But being an excellent rider helps you a lot.

Lol I'm not an excellent rider, I'm just a fast rider with more balls than brains sometimes (most of the time when I'm on my bike :D

The key to 125's is being able to carry speed.  I ride alot of different terrain (sand tracks, MX, technical single track) only time I'm ever looking for more is hill climbs.  If you can't get a good run up to it to carry some momentum you can get into trouble.

I raced a friend of mine on a sand track a while back, he was on a 08 YZ450 and I was on a 96 RM125.  He rides vet B enduro and couldn't pass me on the track.  When I still had my 05 KX250 I brought it and my 125 to Budds Creek, I'm faster on the 125 there.

Ok thanks, we're both new to hill climbs so we'll have to learn by our mistakes

Edited by FlamingRadar

Tight and slower stuff, no problem, even a technical MX track.  But, blasting out in the desert or fire roads, no way, he'll leave you in his dust.

Ya I know that he'll have me in the straights, I'm just hoping that I don't have to slow him down too much

They should both have about the same top speed plus or minus some due to gearing and what not.

Only thing is the 450 will get there faster.

rider skill comes into play as well.