Sign in to follow this  

double trouble

So yesterday i took my wife for a ride on the z for the first time and noticed alot of noise coming from the front of the bike but only when rideing not when the clutch is in or ideling. Cant isolate the sound bcause it only happens when riding.anyone else experience anything like this? Not shure if its coming from engine tranny or just something viberating with the extra weight on the bike.it only does it riding double.any help is appreciated thanks

Cant be wheel bearings it dont make the noise when coasting.stem bearings? Like for the steering?i thonk it might be some vibrations just dont know becaus the noise is concerning.is a clunking noise that seems to come and go. Thanks for the imput

Cant be wheel bearings it dont make the noise when coasting.stem bearings? Like for the steering?i thonk it might be some vibrations just dont know becaus the noise is concerning.is a clunking noise that seems to come and go. Thanks for the imput

clunking. .. makes me think of chain.. and weight could be a chain.. is it deff coming from the from of bike?

Yes def from the front of bike.i was thinking it could be the chain also.mabey is to loose with the extra weight on the bike.any other thoughts?.ill check it out tomarrow and see what i can find.thanks

• Like 1

im pretty sure the chain tends to be tighter with the suspension compressed .. with the rear end low it may be getting into the top roller, check how that looks ..

• Like 1

Chain slap can make you think your lower end is screwed. If it does not make the sound when coasting then it is definitely motor or chain slack related. Check chain slack first. If that is good, then I would start with MCCT tension check, then valve shim check, then start looking into lower end.

• Like 1

Havent got to check the bike out yet but i thonk its chain slap. My bike is a 08 s model with only 4000 road miles on it ith 15/48 gearing.i ride moastly back roads in the mountians and it sounds and rides great with only me on it. Ill cjeck it out when i get home.thanks for the help

• Like 1