Chad Reed's Retro bike is for sale, and he isn't happy.

Pretty interesting story arose today, the KX250 Reed rode for opening ceremonies is now up for sale by the guy who loaned CR the bike and Reed clearly shows that he is NOT happy about it either. He had a post on instagram about it but has since deleted is (who knows why?). Anyways, enjoy. I'm blown away at how high bid is already as well...

EBay listing:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321684608324?nav=SEARCH

Brief article about what went down:

http://www.motofeed.com/some-guy-is-trying-to-sell-the-chad-reed-opening-ceremony-2-stroke-on-ebay/

1425495813656.jpg

Yep thats pretty shitty, smart guy put his phone number in the listing...wonder how long that will be there

Shitty deal.

That is pretty crappy.

Chad is obviously pissed that he offered the guy what its worth and turned him down, and now its for sale for 3x value on ebay.  But, the guy still should have asked Chad if it was OK to use his name.

The guy is perfectly within his rights to do so, albeit kind of crappy.

Good for him that he's donating some, and really good for him that the bike is WELL into 5 figures! :eek:  :eek: :eek:  

That's business!  From a business stand point the guy did the right thing. The bid is up to $45,000!  Good deal for the guy and for St. Jude Childrens hospital!  BFD that Reed is being a whiny brat.

Edited by The10T

The bid is up to $45,000! 

:shocked:

That's business! From a business stand point the guy did the right thing. The bid is up to $45,000! Good deal for the guy and for St. Jude Childrens hospital! BFD that Reed is being a whiny brat.

Agreed on the business part, however he should have probably cleared with Reed first about using his name. I'm surprised Reed's guys left the bike the same way they set it up, because if they hadn't, there is no way the bike would be bringing this much (looked like any other clean KX beforehand)

That's business!  From a business stand point the guy did the right thing. The bid is up to $45,000!  Good deal for the guy and for St. Jude Childrens hospital!  BFD that Reed is being a whiny brat.

Depends. The seller makes no mention of how much goes to St. Judes. Probably $1

While the seller has every right to do what he is doing, it is a weaselly move by the seller. Makes me hope the winning bidder fails to follow through, as well as all the rest of the bids. Just deserts.

If........ the seller was giving ALL the proceeds to St. Judes, that'd be a different story. Bill Gates now has $79 Billion. This is years after he claimed he was giving most of it away.......... Talk is cheap

My son brought something up.  Chad is a whiner, so since he couldn't buy the bike for $3k he will pay $100k for it if he has to. :lol:  Its probably him bidding.

Edited by cjjeepercreeper

if reed was going to get so traumatized by the guy selling it, why didn't he just buy the bike first, then put his shit on it.

if reed was going to get so traumatized by the guy selling it, why didn't he just buy the bike first, then put his shit on it.

The guy didn't want to sell it to him.

Are the pants stained brown in the butt, or is it just me. :lol:

$_12.JPG

The guy didn't want to sell it to him.

so? I doubt it was the only kx250 in existence...

I think it would be cool if the top five pros did what CR did. Then auctioned bikes for charity.

Agreed on the business part, however he should have probably cleared with Reed first about using his name. I'm surprised Reed's guys left the bike the same way they set it up, because if they hadn't, there is no way the bike would be bringing this much (looked like any other clean KX beforehand)

What did he need to clear? Everything the eBay guy did is legit, he owns all of the property in the post and that property clearly references Chad Reed.

Depends. The seller makes no mention of how much goes to St. Judes. Probably $1

While the seller has every right to do what he is doing, it is a weaselly move by the seller. Makes me hope the winning bidder fails to follow through, as well as all the rest of the bids. Just deserts.

If........ the seller was giving ALL the proceeds to St. Judes, that'd be a different story. Bill Gates now has $79 Billion. This is years after he claimed he was giving most of it away.......... Talk is cheap

:thumbsup:

I wonder if Chad trademarked his name?

When I got an autograph from Reedy - he said he had to sign it to someone.   I do not see that on the stuff he autographed here.  

The other thing, is that you will never see any rider do anything like this ever again.   THAT is the real shame of it.   It sounds like he had professional racer crew help in preparing this bike, and the guy is trying to sell it off.
Really, everything should have been taken back off.

A person who is a decent human being would not do such a thing.   I know if I could get Dungey to ride my KTM, I would most certainly NOT sell it.  Him signing a jersey and pants would be framed in my office.   
While he CAN sell it, it is people like him that make things like Reed did rare, if not impossible to do again.   It is also people like him that brought rise to the reason you mush sign waivers for EVERYTHING.    IF Reed or any rider would EVER do that again - you would HAVE to sign a waiver for it, or be forced to sell it, or something else.

Thanks eBay guy.

Edited by DethWshBkr_