Sign in to follow this  

Prepping my 94 for 2015

I've been on the RM page off and on for a while now. Seeing what people are doing with their RM's is Awesome! I'm getting my 1994 RM 125 ready to compete in only a few weeks! Pic from last year.1425496090666.jpg

• Like 1

I'm out getting my 94 2006 triples. This might give me a little bit of advantage on the steering. Better yet, for a 6' 2" rider, It puts my handle bars in a better position for me. My plan is to mimic the look somewhat the 2014 RMZ 4501425591833865.jpg

• Like 1

Strip down to the bare frame, then off to the stripper. She'll be in new paint soon. Suspension has been sent out for an overhaul and new sprngs.1425647621435.jpg1425647642726.jpg

Back from powder!!!! The color is Iron Glimmer. It's a textured semi-gloss with a metallic in it. Looks sweet!!!!1425790462827.jpg

• Like 2

Pulled the jug. O-rings were going bad. Good thing I caught that. New Wossner piston going in. Oh if I forgot to mention, it has an Eric Gorr 144 big bore and port job too!! Having the cylinder and head resurfaced while its apart.1426585776856.jpg1426585814805.jpg

Still no cylinder. Shop getting behind already. Forks are ready though. Full rebuild, but no springs available for that model anymore. Sad really. Anybody has a set of used 986043 racetech's, please get back to me.

are you running this bike against the "latest and greatest"? Sure hope so! Pretty cool and looking forward to more.

are you running this bike against the "latest and greatest"? Sure hope so! Pretty cool and looking forward to more.

Yes!!!! The 450 guys crap themselves! Two of my buds ride CRF 450's and I keep up with them.
  • Like 1

Had to recut the head. Who ever did the job before I bought it should be shot. Had to take .015 off to make it flat. But all nice and correct now. Thank you Finish Line Engines!!! Shock and forks all fresh. Thank you Mike's Motorsports!!! I realized tonight that I'm still missing my left radiator. I'll hit it hard again tomorrow night. 1428460075245.jpg

So what's your triple clamp setup?  And what year forks are you using?

So what's your triple clamp setup? And what year forks are you using?

I'm experimenting with 06 RMZ250 triples. The forks are 94 stock units with .43 springs.

I might have to machine the steer tube to lower the bearing.

If it doesn't look feasible, I have the originals with os bar adapter.

Purple would be cool. You going for a retro look?

The purple would be a nice contrast. Actually looking to mimic the 2014 look. Fedex lost my front rim. So I'm waiting right.now.

Be a rebel, Run no graphics.

2014-12-22124208_zps38d1efad.jpg

Don't know if my sponsors would really like that. But I've got the black shrouds and the black rear fender. Thanks for the tip on the spring, I really appreciate it!!