Sign in to follow this  

Shock Dimensions - TTR230

I am looking into a Cannon Racecraft rear shock spring for our 2014 230. They are needing the stock spring dimensions. I've checked OEM parts schematics and can't find the dimensions. Does anyone know them or could direct me on how to determine the dimensions? Is it just length, or diameter?

Thank you!

Katy

I was just looking last night and from what I saw I think a yz85 shock should bolt up.

I was just looking last night and from what I saw I think a yz85 shock should bolt up.

For the 230? I thought that particular conversion worked for the 125.

That's what I thought too but according to works performance the 85 shock is only a hair longer than the ttr.

Oh by the way I finally got the forks in for that yz fork swap.

That's what I thought too but according to works performance the 85 shock is only a hair longer than the ttr.

Oh by the way I finally got the forks in for that yz fork swap.

Nice. We swapped the forks on my husband's 230 with forks from a '96 YZ125.  Turned out pretty nice, but now the back end is getting squirrely on him.

I am looking into a Cannon Racecraft rear shock spring for our 2014 230. They are needing the stock spring dimensions. I've checked OEM parts schematics and can't find the dimensions. Does anyone know them or could direct me on how to determine the dimensions? Is it just length, or diameter?

Thank you!

Katy

The way to determine the dimensions is to take it off and measure it. You'll also want to know the rate, which is listed in the service manual or can be measured on a scale. I'm surprised that Cannon doesn't have the info, you might try some other spring companies.

I don't have my manual with me or I'd give you the dimensions. The inside diameter of the TTR spring is not common, I don't believe there are any aftermarket springs for it. A spring company can custom make one or reducing bushings can be made or purchased from Race Tech for use with a larger spring.

Edited by motovita

Thanks! Cannon said they could make one, just needed stock spring dimensions first. Wasn't sure how they were measured.

The way to determine the dimensions is to take it off and measure it. You'll also want to know the rate, which is listed in the service manual or can be measured on a scale. I'm surprised that Cannon doesn't have the info, you might try some other spring companies.

I don't have my manual with me or I'd give you the dimensions. The inside diameter of the TTR spring is not common, I don't believe there are any aftermarket springs for it. A spring company can custom make one or reducing bushings can be made or purchased from Race Tech for use with a larger spring.