2012 crf450r won't stay running

hey i recently ran in to a problem with my 2012 crf450r. it will start when it is cold on first kick most of the time.the second it gets worm it kills. kick it again it starts for about 3 second then kills again. it will do that about ten times till it gets to a point when it won't do nothing.if i let it sit for 30 min or so it will do the hole process over again. iv changed the fuel pump and the ignition coil. i know that if it is flashing a code it will show on the little light on the kill switch by so many time it  blinks. but there is nothing when bike is running. someone please tell me they had the same problem and fixed it.  

Any engine work done recently, or just prior to this?

Might be a stator issue, contamination or wiring. Pop off the stator cover and have a look-see. Also check the engine oil filter for any debris. It could be the injector acting like that, but that's pretty rare. I assume you've installed clean very fresh fuel all the time and when you replaced the fuel pump you also were using a new/different filter.

Edited by Eddie8v

If the stuff Eddie mentioned checks out, the condenser going bad can do that also.

Shawn is right. I would check the condenser before opening the stator up.

thanks for the help eddie and shawn. but to answer your question eddie no my bike is bone stock motor wise.i do have a pro circuit pipe thats it. i never had to put a wrench to the motor once . it was always change the oil every 3 rides and put gas in and go. this is the first problem i ever had the with the bike i can't complain.the fuel pump came with a brand new fuel filter so thats not it. like i said i change the oil pretty often and i have never seen anything outside the norm on the oil filter. i brought the bike to honda to get a diagnostics test if they don't tell me whats wrong with it ill be sure to check what you guys suggested thanks again!!  

i had something similar happen with my 12. It would start, but then die out after a few seconds of running and after that initial start it would not start again for some period of time. I checked a bunch of things, but i believe the problem was a loose connector or wire. Out of desperation i disconnected all connectors and cleaned them before reconnecting them. The bike ran normally after that.

For what its worth, there isnt a test that will show a bad condensor unless youve got a volt meter connected to it showing it working when it fails. They either open entirely, or ground themselves. Either way, the problem within the Condenser reverses itself almost immediately.

What you can do is this

If youve got a  12v battery somewhere (a 10amp battery charger would work) disconnect the condensor and put the positive 12v to the Black/red wire and the negative to the frame. This will make the entire electrical system think the bike is running. It should start and run on the first or second kick and keep running.

If youve got a 12v battery somewhere (a 10amp battery charger would work) disconnect the condensor and put the positive 12v to the Black/red wire and the negative to the frame. This will make the entire electrical system think the bike is running. It should start and run on the first or second kick and keep running.

Would this be like having that homemade ecu battery harness?

Would this be like having that homemade ecu battery harness?

Ya, youre just not futzing around trying to read the MIL button. It just plugs the battery into the system from a different place. Same connections though.