Gears 4th/5th slipping, is this my problem? PICS

The last few times I’ve been out riding, I’ve noticed that 4th and 5th will slip under a heavy load. I ride single track and so I’m in 2nd and 3rd and have no slipping in those gears even under heavy load. Its only 4th (which will slip back into 3rd under heavy load sometimes) and 5th gear which feels like it slips into neutral and back out causing a sort of herky-jerky feel. So I took the clutch cover off along with the clutch basket and found some small metallic pieces of metal. While cleaning the metal pieces out I noticed this

IMG_0374.JPG

Could this be my problem??? This is the STOPPER LEVER ASSY that has a small bearing on the end of it. As you can see the bearing is gone and nothing left but the race.

That is definitely a problem that you need to address.  The way you describe what is happening in 5th, it sounds like it is popping in and out of gear.  If that is the case, and not the clutch slipping, you probably have worn/bent shift forks or some excessive wear on the engagement dogs on your  gear teeth.

I would fix the very obvious problem first.  Make sure you spend some quality time flushing out the cases because the last thing you need if for a piece of the damaged bearing to cause more damage.

If you still have the problems described after replacing the bearing, it will be time to split the cases and inspect the shift forks and gears.

That is definitely a problem that you need to address.  The way you describe what is happening in 5th, it sounds like it is popping in and out of gear.  If that is the case, and not the clutch slipping, you probably have worn/bent shift forks or some excessive wear on the engagement dogs on your  gear teeth.

I would fix the very obvious problem first.  Make sure you spend some quality time flushing out the cases because the last thing you need if for a piece of the damaged bearing to cause more damage.

If you still have the problems described after replacing the bearing, it will be time to split the cases and inspect the shift forks and gears.

Exactly as Used has said.

That is your problem , i had the same issue and found my bearing also broken up .

I replaced the arm and bearing and not had the gears slip again 

That is your problem , i had the same issue and found my bearing also broken up .

I replaced the arm and bearing and not had the gears slip again 

I ordered the arm last-night from RMATV. Does it come with the bearing already installed on the arm or do I purchase the bearing by itself?

I ordered the arm last-night from RMATV. Does it come with the bearing already installed on the arm or do I purchase the bearing by itself?

The OEM unit is a single unit with bearing allready  fitted