How to make stock 1990 XR250R exhaust sound better.

My 1990 XR250R has a stock Honda kz1 or something like that exhaust on it and to be honest it sounds like a tractor. I was just wondering what simple mods I can do to make it sound less tractorey and more Braaapey

My 1990 XR250R has a stock Honda kz1 or something like that exhaust on it and to be honest it sounds like a tractor. I was just wondering what simple mods I can do to make it sound less tractorey and more Braaapey

The baffle in the end of the muffler can be removed completely, or replaced with a free'er flowing but quieter than no baffle XR350 baffle. OR can update to a newer XR pipe and play with baffles, or replace with much free'er CRF exhausts.

Get a PoweRing from Frank Nye at Engines Only.

Power-Ring.jpg

IMG_0964.JPG

Edited by VortecCPI

That baffle won't fit on a 1990 exhaust. I removed my baffle, but it was pretty loud.

It also didn't run too well either, it tended to stall when you shut the throttle of quickly.

It did start easier with the baffle removed though.

So what I did was drill a whole series of holes around the outside of the baffle, internally and externally, this seems to have made the baffle breath better. But it still sounds like a tractor (but only when idling).

I'm looking at re-jetting my at some point with a 135. I've bought the jet, just need to find the time to fit it.

Removing the resistor in the spark plug cap is also a good idea.

Cheers

Curtis