Dirtbike thinking

So I currently have a kx125 modded so it's a rocket but I live in Florida and I'm a trail rider. So its almost all sand so it likes to bog occasionally unless I'm on the pipe. I'm going to keep it but I'm looking to buy a kx250f. Is it worth buying one like is it a big difference from a 125 for trail riding or should I keep my money?

May need a 250t or 450 for that much sand?

Yeah my dad has a kx250 2 stroke that I could ride but I wanted to get a 250f. I want to stay in the 125/250f class. I'm thinking about doing this racing in the woods called florida trail riders

A 250f and a 125 have around the same hp numbers. maybe you should bump up your bike to a 150cc? You're gonna have to ride a 250f like a 125 in the sand as well.

Yeah I just think the torque from the 4 stroke would help plus less bogging. But yeah I was looking at the ktm 150 2 stroke, looks like a bad ass bike. But you think I would have to be hard on the 250f in the sand like you have to be on the 125?

Edited by rstarry22

Yeah my dad has a kx250 2 stroke that I could ride but I wanted to get a 250f. I want to stay in the 125/250f class. I'm thinking about doing this racing in the woods called florida trail riders

im not sure why the ama does this, but you can race a 250t in the 250c, 250b, 250a, schoolboy, open etc. Their is major difference between a 125 and 250t but the ama allows it. Look into a 250t because they are fun and a money saver

im not sure why the ama does this, but you can race a 250t in the 250c, 250b, 250a, schoolboy, open etc. Their is major difference between a 125 and 250t but the ama allows it. Look into a 250t because they are fun and a money saver

yeah my dad has a kx250 2 stoke and I think they do that because it makes the power well around what the 450f makes. Like if you think about it 4 strokes work twice as hard to make the same power as a 2 stoke. So I'm not sure they would allow it with the 250f's. But I figured the torque of the 2 stokes would help me and LESS bog. The 125's like to bog in the sand. Edited by rstarry22

yeah my dad has a kx250 2 stoke and I think they do that because it makes the power well around what the 450f makes. Like if you think about it 4 strokes work twice as hard to make the same power as a 2 stoke. So I'm not sure they would allow it with the 250f's. But I figured the torque of the 2 stokes would help me and LESS bog. The 125's like to bog in the sand.

its probably because they see 250 and think they are the same. The 250t would be good because you can have enough power but you dont have to be on the pipe to get the power like a 125. The 250f were made for racing and they overheat on trails so I've heard. They can also be quite a lot of money for rebuilds

its probably because they see 250 and think they are the same. The 250t would be good because you can have enough power but you dont have to be on the pipe to get the power like a 125. The 250f were made for racing and they overheat on trails so I've heard. They can also be quite a lot of money for rebuilds

yeah lol no kidding like for valves and timing chain and ect.... but do they really overheat? The 2 strokes were meant for racing to but they don't run as hot. What bike do you have? And I'm going to keep the 125 so I may just get a 4 stoke to have one but I'm stuck between a kx or a yz I'm a kx guy but I'm hearing good things about the yz's then again a lot of people say the kx engines are the best! Edited by rstarry22

Yeah both are good bikes. Each has pros and cons. I have had a rm85, yz125. But ive ridden a yz250, yz250f, cr125, and kx250f

Yeah both are good bikes. Each has pros and cons. I have had a rm85, yz125. But ive ridden a yz250, yz250f, cr125, and kx250f

Out of the two which is like better overall? Like I know kx has the best engine but I heard yz is best in handling.

Honestly i think its personal preference. I think the yamaha has better ratings but they are both great. My choice would be the Yamaha. I had a blast riding both but the yz felt smoother to me. The KX was fun as well. You should Try to sit on/ride a kx or yz to see which is more comfortable. Because something that i picked favorite could be your least favorite.