Clutch Kit

My bike is Fakin awesome after a full rebuild (BBK, OEM crank, ACT transmission). So awesome that now my clutch is slipping.

During the rebulid everything in the clutch looked good, I measured a few plates and all the springs.  The springs were all in spec and the couple of plates I actually measured were in spec too.  My plan is to replace all the springs and all the plates... I basically have a new engine so I figure I should have a new clutch.  I know people here like the OEM clutch but its pretty expensive and I have a gift cert at the motorcycle superstore

Anyone have thoughts on the EBC DRC kit?

Should I just suck it up and get the OEM parts?

How about any of the other aftermarket kits?

Thanks for your replys!

Todd  

What is the difference in price ?

Went I'll have to change I'll go with EBC.

my 45K km engine (been 462, ACT since the last 10K km) and the clutch is still the original

Edited by maxpat82

OEM is 200.00 from Ronayers... little more from partzilla and the EBC DRC is only 85.36.... or actually free with my gift cert at Motorcyclesuperstore. Im curious what other DRZ owners thought of the EBC DRC quality ... there are some poor reviews on motorcyclesuperstores website.

OEM is 200.00 from Ronayers... little more from partzilla and the EBC DRC is only 85.36.... or actually free with my gift cert at Motorcyclesuperstore. Im curious what other DRZ owners thought of the EBC DRC quality ... there are some poor reviews on motorcyclesuperstores website.

Bump. I looked at that exact clutch kit and did some research and is really bittersweet. Some have good reviews, some say its terrible. From general consensus says that the plates are fine, that its the springs that it comes with are garbage. But, im not sure.