DIY Truck Bed Dirt Bike Mounting?

I was thinking of making a simple loading mechanism for my 250. 

Simply using two 2x4 boards that run from the bed of the truck and secure onto the top of the forks.  I'd anchor it to both ends. With the board being plenty stiff, this should hold the bike securely with little to no wobble. The best part is there'd be no stress on the suspension and its super cheap. 

The front wheel is secured from rocking by tie downs or bed clamps.  The rear wheel tied down. Again the suspension would remain untouched.

Anyone try such a method?

I was thinking of making a simple loading mechanism for my 250. 

Simply using two 2x4 boards that run from the bed of the truck and secure onto the top of the forks.  I'd anchor it to both ends. With the board being plenty stiff, this should hold the bike securely with little to no wobble. The best part is there'd be no stress on the suspension and its super cheap. 

The front wheel is secured from rocking by tie downs or bed clamps.  The rear wheel tied down. Again the suspension would remain untouched.

Anyone try such a method?

I'm not quite understanding how this would work. Could you describe it in detail a bit more?

I made it. Its not pretty, made out of unfinished wood but it holds the bike securely and with no compression on the suspension. Costs me all of $7 for a couple of clamps and some old wood I had laying around. I'll post pics after I improve on it. 

$1.00 for a 12" piece of 1.5sch40 abs pipe from your local Lowes/Home Depot/Menards/whatever. instant fork saver between the tire and bottom of the fender under the triple clamp. Tie downs triangulated out as wide as you can and rigid as can be. suspension is left uncompressed, and the bike doesn't move.

$1.00 for a 12" piece of 1.5sch40 abs pipe from your local Lowes/Home Depot/Menards/whatever. instant fork saver between the tire and bottom of the fender under the triple clamp. Tie downs triangulated out as wide as you can and rigid as can be. suspension is left uncompressed, and the bike doesn't move.

This sounds interesting too. Can you post a pic?

My rack system has been working ok. I just need to perfect it a bit more.