Like a wet fart....

There was once a dirt bike rider named B. Willy. He had been riding about 3 years or so and had a 2013 KTM 450EXC, which went pretty well and he would have epic battles for 1st with his mates on the trails.

He had a little bit of bling on the bike such as steg pegs, a steering damper, unbreakable levers, graphics kit, an orange chain blah blah blah.

As a bonus he thought he's chuck on an aftermarket exhaust. The most reasonably priced on ebay was a DEP full system so he bought it. It didn't fit his bike properly so he took it into work and fitted it up.

When he rode the bike for the first time, he realised not only did the thing not fit as well as OEM, but it didn't help him improve his C grade speed, costed reasonable money and made his bike sound like a wet fart.

So he took off the fart cannon and is now very interested in respringing his forks and having valving done, probably for around the same $$$ as the pipe.

The end.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There was once a dirt bike rider named B. Willy. He had been riding about 3 years or so and had a 2013 KTM 450EXC, which went pretty well and he would have epic battles for 1st with his mates on the trails.

He had a little bit of bling on the bike such as steg pegs, a steering damper, unbreakable levers, graphics kit, an orange chain blah blah blah.

As a bonus he thought he's chuck on an aftermarket exhaust. The most reasonably priced on ebay was a DEP full system so he bought it. It didn't fit his bike properly so he took it into work and fitted it up.

When he rode the bike for the first time, he realised not only did the thing not fit as well as OEM, but it didn't help him improve his C grade speed, costed reasonable money and made his bike sound like a wet fart.

So he took off the fart cannon and is now very interested in respringing his forks and having valving done, probably for around the same $$$ as the pipe.

The end.

So, how will new springs change the sound of your bike, BP??

So, how will new springs change the sound of your bike, BP??

Haha, I'm not the person being referred to in the story (I ride a 200 remember), its a good friend of mine who's name is William, and weighs over 200 pounds, hence the name. Removing the aftermarket pipe changes the note to something more pleasant for other people in the area.

Rather than spending the $$$ on a pipe, he learned that he perhaps shoulda bought springs instead. Plus the bike wouldn't have sounded like a sweaty posterior passing wind.??

• Like 4

Does he wear a spacesuit? 

Only when he rides on the moon.

Don't you mean it just sounded like a louder wet fart than it does with the OEM system?

Being a 4t. Pretty much. It basically just sounded like an XR with the stock system.

With the aftermarket pipe it took it to a new level.

• Like 1

Don't you mean it just sounded like a louder wet fart than it does with the OEM system?

Correction, oem sounds like a GAY fart. Totally different.

But still pathetic.

BP, did your buddy even rejet? She sounds like a fat, sloppy loser. Glad her priorities got straightened out.

Correction, oem sounds like a GAY fart. Totally different.

But still pathetic.

BP, did your buddy even rejet? She sounds like a fat, sloppy loser. Glad her priorities got straightened out.

She? Well she's a top guy ? that's good fun to ride with 

Its a fuel injected bike, could get a remap but why bother if its not bad for the engine how it is?

• Like 1

She? Well she's a top guy ? that's good fun to ride with 

Its a fuel injected bike, could get a remap but why bother if its not bad for the engine how it is?

Depends. A shitty system probably flows the same or worse than stock= no rejet/remap. I think a quality full exhaust needs tuning on almost any bike model if you want to have smoothness and power.

Depends. A shitty system probably flows the same or worse than stock= no rejet/remap. I think a quality full exhaust needs tuning on almost any bike model if you want to have smoothness and power.

Maybe you missed the bit where he removed the aftermarket exhaust and put stock back on because its less obnoxious.

Maybe you missed the bit where he removed the aftermarket exhaust and put stock back on because its less obnoxious.

No. I saw that she came to her senses and became manly again with proper mods to suspension. 

My comment was related to the situation where someone removes the stock system, doesn't rejet/remap and has a louder, slower piece-of-shit than before. Glad your friend got thier priorities straight.

• Like 1

No. I saw that she came to her senses and became manly again with proper mods to suspension. 

My comment was related to the situation where someone removes the stock system, doesn't rejet/remap and has a louder, slower piece-of-shit than before. Glad your friend got thier priorities straight.

Oh, all your posts in this thread make sense now.

He's going to order the springs next week or so. The only reason I haven't done mine is because Racetech's calculator says I'm all good on stock, and the sag has been set.

• Like 1