Sign in to follow this  

'07 cr250 shock set up advice

So I just serviced my shock and am in the process of assembly.

What are your thoughts on this set up.

MXT low friction piston band

Racetech rebound separator valve

Factory connection mx revalve

Factory connection remote resivior.

New oem seal head

Racetech low friction seals

I wanted to get a more consistent set up for longer rides/Motos

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425573420.806418.jpg

You should post this in the suspension section. I'm not sure if you're reaching the right audience here. My 07 CR250 suspension has been good to me so far.

Are you a pro rider, or top 20 A class? If not a standard revalve by FC is more shock than you are rider to put it bluntly. I say this with humility in that I am in the same boat. I have been at those speeds or very close and never had a lack of bike, it's always the guy twisting the hammer.

Are you a pro rider, or top 20 A class? If not a standard revalve by FC is more shock than you are rider to put it bluntly. I say this with humility in that I am in the same boat. I have been at those speeds or very close and never had a lack of bike, it's always the guy twisting the hammer.

Thanks for the reply Sean, I'm a mid B pack rider and gaining speed. My biggest problem last season was shock fade in long rides. I train on a 10 mile loop that I moto 3-4 times once the shock got hot the dampening suffered. I have run this valve stack for 2 seasons and love it. But as stated the shock gets hot quick.

I'm no expert but as far as I know the only thing out there that will help fade is running a remote reservoir. FC sells them for CRF's but not CR's. My A kits have them on them but they are not cheap, about $300 I think.

I've never had fade cause me issues running at those speeds, are you sure you are not overthinking this?

I'm no expert but as far as I know the only thing out there that will help fade is running a remote reservoir. FC sells them for CRF's but not CR's. My A kits have them on them but they are not cheap, about $300 I think.

I've never had fade cause me issues running at those speeds, are you sure you are not overthinking this?

I picked up a remote reservoir for $50 on eBay just needed a new line and o-rings.!

I'm not over thinking it, I've had a few others ride my bike while it's hot and they noticed the same thing.

That said when I pulled the old shock apart the coating was very warn in a few places( hints buying your shock body thanks again) the oil had flakes in it and the piston band was cooked.

All these mods were cheap enough that I figured why not. For some reason the shock had the most issues on the 10 mile woods loop.

I did change the oil regularly ever 15-20 hours as well as bleeding the shock after.

I'm not the fastest rider by any means but I do like to tinker with my bike and get the most out of it lol

Well if the shock was cooked from wear that seems like it wouldn't help. That RR should be the best improvement other than parts in good condition. Call Stevo at FC in NH and tell him I sent ya. He will give you solid info.

Edited by seanmx57

Well if the shock was cooked from wear that seems like it wouldn't help. That RR should be the best improvement other than parts in good condition. Call Stevo at FC in NH and tell him I sent ya. He will give you solid info.

Thanks man! I'll call him up!!