Favorite Tie Down Straps

Whats everyone's favorite tie down straps for your bike?  Im sure alot of folks think a straps a strap... but you use them enough and you start to see which ones are good... and which suck! 

Right now Im in the market for a few new ratchet straps... particularly something with a carribeaner/clip/hook w spring closure on one end and then a soft mount on the other end to wrap around my bars.  Anyone seen anything like that recently that's quality???

You don't want ratchet straps for bikes, they are way overkill and a pain to use when compared to the typical cam strap.

I have some protaper straps that have soft ties, caribeiners with swivels and velcro for securing the lose ends. I like them.

Overkill... maybe.  The reason for a rachet strap isnt to tighten it to infinity and beyond.... I just tighten it down as much as I would a cam strap... it just eliminated the ability for the strap to slip.  I've had many times where older straps slip through the cam and whatever they're holding down get loose. 

That being said... those pro-tapers do look pretty slick! :D

ratchet straps suck..... ive had a couple break at the ratcheting mechanism.

I looking into running turnbuckles to the pegs from the floor.

410907364.jpg

This looks like a very slow way to secure bikes and doesn't leave much for flexibility in mounting positions. Plus, having the anchoring points so close to the bike means that they will have to be extremely tight to keep the bike from falling. I would be afraid of breaking a peg/peg mount.

This looks like a very slow way to secure bikes and doesn't leave much for flexibility in mounting positions. Plus, having the anchoring points so close to the bike means that they will have to be extremely tight to keep the bike from falling. I would be afraid of breaking a peg/peg mount.

Pro Taper are my go to straps for loading bikes in my truck, but i have Risk Racing Lock & Load in my trailer and they are super easy to use, doesn't load the suspension, and no straps to get in the way.

Actually everybody ive talked to that does this says the opposite... Secure the bike in seconds... I use e track so theres alot of mounting posistions. If this breaks your peg then your bike must be blown out.... Also they dont need to be extremely tight... Physics make it stay....... If your interested Google turnbuckle dirtbike. Its the same concept as alot of the high end stands. ie risk racing and other strapless systems.... 

http://www.jawfish.net/wp/archives/187

https://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/572366-strapless-carrying-system-for-trailers/

• 3 weeks later...