Jose basin

California

Heading up on sunday to check it out. We usually ride Whisky,Miami,Sky Ranch, but there is too much snow and Ice I imagine?  Anything to look out for up there??

There are some good trails in there, mostly on the East side of the main road. We ride it often. Have fun!

Good to hear, taking a newbie and I thought it would be mor tame than Carnegie. Mydirections say to access Jose basin Rd from Auberry road then turn right onto a dirt road and that connects the to the trails and other fire roads. Does that sound about right?

I always wanted to check out Carnegie. I like traveling through Central Cali. It's a more laid back part of of our wonderful state.

Jose basin trip was awesome. We found some trails, steep jacked up fire roads , and an old cattle/weed growing cabin.  Just enough challenge for my new riding buddy.

As a bonus two young girls came over to us as we just finished and asked if we wanted to ride and shoot guns with them.  Either we still look approachable or they were going to rob us of our old bikes and truck.Next trip Im going to drive down Italian bar Rd to the river and do some fishing.Cool spot one hour from home!!

Jose basin trip was awesome. We found some trails, steep jacked up fire roads , and an old cattle/weed growing cabin.  Just enough challenge for my new riding buddy.

As a bonus two young girls came over to us as we just finished and asked if we wanted to ride and shoot guns with them.  Either we still look approachable or they were going to rob us of our old bikes and truck.Next trip Im going to drive down Italian bar Rd to the river and do some fishing.Cool spot one hour from home!!

Fresnofishfan, you guys riding again this weekend?  I just moved to Fresno 2 weeks ago and looking for riding buddies.  Let me know...

If I can go it will be on Saturday, I have to watch the baby on Sunday.  How early can you make it if I get the green light ? I like to go early and be home about 5. I may even head up friday night and camp out.

Man I dunno if it's just me, but I've had the worst luck at Jose Basin. 6 months ago some dudes pointed a rifle at me from their truck on the trails way north near the railroad grade, when i had just stopped to ask them if a gate was open. A month ago I was riding back along the main road at night toward my trailer at the top of auberry road when a dude sees me coming and blocks the road with his truck and gets out in the pitch black and starts some bogus "help im lost" story while I watch his buddy sneak out the other side and try to block me from leaving. They got roosted.

Also have come across tons of mountain lion tracks and a 2-3 day old deer kill half buried near one of the miscellaneous ponds. The place is very beautiful, so close to town, and has some moderately fun trails if you know where to look, but after the last incident my wife has barred me from going there alone any more...

Anyone else have crazy shit happen in the basin?

I've ridden Miami Creek few time. Great place to ride

The riding above Bass Lake and the Shuteye Fire Lookout is pretty sweet.