Sign in to follow this  

2013 yz 250f 220 pound rider

hello i just picked up a 2013 yzf yesterday and already by just sitting on it i know the rear is sagging to much so im wondering what spring i would have to get to fix this and would i have to do anything to the front?

I just dealt with too heavy of a rear spring. I used this to figure out what was best for my weight.

http://racetech.com/ChooseVehicle.aspx

Plug in your Bike model, age, weight, type of riding etc.... And it pops out the recommended springs for you. Then all you have to do is adjust your sag. Then compression and rebound on the shocks (front and rear)....which might take a few rides to dial in.

Hope that somewhat helps!

• Like 1

I just dealt with too heavy of a rear spring. I used this to figure out what was best for my weight.

http://racetech.com/ChooseVehicle.aspx

Plug in your Bike model, age, weight, type of riding etc.... And it pops out the recommended springs for you. Then all you have to do is adjust your sag. Then compression and rebound on the shocks (front and rear)....which might take a few rides to dial in.

Hope that somewhat helps!

Nice tool and seemed to give a good result on the rear spring. The recommendation on the front springs was on the soft side. I have a 2013 yz250f, weigh 170, ride moto at a C level and it said I should use .42 springs. I'm running the stock .46 springs and they are fine. Wouldn't want to go any softer than possibly a .44. The tool said the stock rear spring was the right one for me and I agree.

Nice tool and seemed to give a good result on the rear spring. The recommendation on the front springs was on the soft side. I have a 2013 yz250f, weigh 170, ride moto at a C level and it said I should use .42 springs. I'm running the stock .46 springs and they are fine. Wouldn't want to go any softer than possibly a .44. The tool said the stock rear spring was the right one for me and I agree.

Ya, that's soft on the front for you. lol. on my '13 I'm running .41 fronts. Stock out of one of my 125's. And I'm 115lbs soaking wet. lol