'15 FC 350.. Drill holes in airbox?

Hey guys, I picked up a 2015 FC 350 last week. Getting my suspension worked on but I keep reading in all of the magazines out there that I need to drill holes in my airbox to get more out of my motor.

First all, when I look compare the airbox design of my Husky to my brothers KTM, I can't notice a tangible difference? Are the motocrossers blowing smoke or what?

Since the subframe is the new poly material- I don't think I should be drilling any holes whatsoever but I thought I would come ask you guys first. The magazines are never specific, it's always in "BRO" code and they never say where to do it. 

Any thoughts or suggestions on where to drill the holes, or if I should just leave it as is. Thanks!

Nah...I wouldn't drill it. I'd be concerned about getting water and more crud in it. But some folks are cutting the screen out of the airfilter frame to help breathing. To get the greatest improvement, I'd concentrate on getting the fueling optimized...that'll make the greatest difference!

Thanks for the comments!

Nah...I wouldn't drill it. I'd be concerned about getting water and more crud in it. But some folks are cutting the screen out of the airfilter frame to help breathing. To get the greatest improvement, I'd concentrate on getting the fueling optimized...that'll make the greatest difference!

My thoughts exactly, seems like an easy way to get mud and water in there. Just curious, what do you mean by getting the fueling optimized? Ignition mapping or something more technical?

blowing smoke. They breath just fine off the showroom floor

It almost seemed like the popular thing to say for the magazine testers out there. Appreciate your feedback!

Thanks for the comments!

Just curious, what do you mean by getting the fueling optimized? Ignition mapping or something more technical?

Standard stuff you see on here. Desmog, TPS adjustment, Euro map or PC or other. These things run pretty lean from stock.

find it  hard  to believe  that  the  factory  would  ship  bikse with  breathing problems  like  that.    used  to hear  the old story  that  the  bikes  would  gain HP  with  the  seat  off.    have  yet  to see  any dyno charts  to prove it.