Another CR85/XR100 build

Current race shop status: cluttered with parts ready to find their home. I have a hunch that me and H80 might spend a little time in the shop next weekend. Thanks everyone for all the help and info this farImageUploadedByThumper Talk1430530567.551146.jpg

I am so pumped to get down there and start rifling through those boxes n puttin shit together as I see fit, leaving tools out...etc etc! Can't wait !

Oh and putting those new stickers on things

• Like 2

I am so pumped to get down there and start rifling through those boxes n puttin shit together as I see fit, leaving tools out...etc etc! Can't wait !

Oh and putting those new stickers on things

I run a tight ship, no willy nilly bullshit

• Like 1

For the record my money is on this one being the better bike. ......

Alright! Now it's getting fun!

I may or may not, have some "unposted" goodies coming for the turd.

• Like 1

Alright! Now it's getting fun!

I may or may not, have some "unposted" goodies coming for the turd.

• Like 1

For the record my money is on this one being the better bike. ......

Ya gotta call it like ya see, I like where ya put your money...It was a good bet
  • Like 1

Last night my buddy Cory over at BW Machine bored my cases for me, quick and easyImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431140810.006201.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431140826.764908.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431140844.909436.jpg

Tonight i took a few minutes to build a half assed work stand, she'll cut the mustard til the screws rip out of the trusty particle board the 1X is holding the frame down with. I will post a pic of the whole shooting match on the floor at some point...lmaoImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431141630.705468.jpg

I didn't get to far but I got the rear suspension on.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431141733.153232.jpg

The plan for tomorrow is to get the front end together

• Like 1

Once this build is done I'm gonna find a KTM 65 for this guy to restoreImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431142246.418547.jpg

• Like 3

Well, I got the front mostly together. Went to put the front tire on and it was flat. I have popped both the front and rear now. I suck at tire installation apparently....oh wellImageUploadedByThumper Talk1431229398.974563.jpg

Looks fun!! I hate assembling transmissions - at least these you can spin over and shift by hand to ensure its all functional before final assembly...

Are you drilling for piston oil squirter mod? (Requires high volume oil pump)

I am having the oil squirter mod done. Here is my question, do I need the high volume pump if I am putting in the tak 5 disk clutch kit? The kit came with with different oil pump gears, I assume a different ratio. Cause in the directions, even though I can't read them, it looks like the pictures are going through how to machine in the squirt mod.

That is a good question but unfortunately I have no answer to it - it's possible the gears spin the pump quicker (while spinning the clutch slower) and it would result In more flow.

I am using the stock clutch for now, and a Kitaco high volume pump, which i then added the squirter mod as well as the larger orfice needed for the head flow.

I guess we will maybe get the high volume pump to be safe. If ya pump more oil your going to be running higher pressure due to the pump being positive displacement...or is the pump centrifugal where it will only pump what the journals allow regardless of pump RPM? I need to figure out the balance so we don't start blowing seals.

Edited by cuttinwood