Sign in to follow this  

If You Could Have Any Bike, What Would It Be?

I want 2. A brand new or mint 86 xr100 and a brand new or mint 86 cr80 just because I spent most of my childhood on them and would love for my kids to do the same. Still have my first bike, a 72 qa50, but the kids can stay off that one. It's a little to hard to come by replacement part, but my oldest is still bugging me to try it even though it's much slower than hers.

When you have as many bikes as I do, and most of them are ones I have always wanted it is hard to pick another one and say "This is the bike I have always

wanted" I guess right now a 1971 unmolested, stock, FX SuperGlide mostly because so many people hated it and the ones that did buy it trashed that "boat o

oooo look at me..I pay cash for everything and I have one billion bikes.... :rolleyes:

Edited by dwil4
  • Like 4

oooo look at me..I pay cash for everything and I have one billion bikes.... :rolleyes:

:lol:   And yet I want an AMF Harley, what is wrong with me? 

Maybe a Honda CT 70 because that was the 1st bike I ever had.. An brand new 1986 XR 600 R would be nice also

Rotella

OK. I have them after decades of riding. KTM woods bike, a trials bike, KTM Adventure.

How do you like the ktm adventure? Its on my list. Having a hard time coughing up 17k for one and they are hard to find used.

Seems like I find them on Craigslist the most. Got mine for $7500 with just 3,000 miles. Keep looking and be willing to travel to get it.

I flew from Little Rock to Colorado to get mine and rode it back. Made for a nice first adventure.

I like it a lot because you can take them about anywhere(that mud isn't involved :) )

Edited by DR.billZ
  • Like 1

If you could have any bike, what would it be, and why?? Mine is a Yamaha TTR-250. Why? I've always been in love with Yamaha's TTR's I know, I know, theirs not that fast. But speed isn't everything for me, it's about the durability. Anyway, lemme know what you think!

It's a very limiting question.  It's more like,"Which bikes would I own and why?"

2015 KX 500 AF -- for desert riding and dunes

2015 KTM 300 XC -- for woods and enduro riding

2015 CRF 450R

After recently riding a 2013 Husqvarna TXC310R, I would say that its high on my list currently.  The bike is just so out on the trails.  The motor just torques its way up hills with such little effort.  Even though its somewhat heavy on the scale, it doesn't feel heavy at all when riding.  I suppose if I were racing it, then perhaps I would notice the weight a bit more, but on the trails, its good.  The brakes are what you would expect from Brembo, and the Kayaba suspension was stiff enough to not blow through the stroke, but supple enough to not feel harsh on the square edges.  So yea, a Husqvarna 310 would definitely be at the top of my list if I were buying a new bike.   

I want 2. A brand new or mint 86 xr100 and a brand new or mint 86 cr80 just because I spent most of my childhood on them and would love for my kids to do the same. Still have my first bike, a 72 qa50, but the kids can stay off that one. It's a little to hard to come by replacement part, but my oldest is still bugging me to try it even though it's much slower than hers.

I've kept my 85 xr 100 I got new as a kid to teach my kids on

• Like 1