just fixed my dull drz headlight

I just got my headlight and I noticed a couple small circles in the upper right hand corner of the glass. Has anyone else noticed these on theirs? Thank you!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1445156375.859324.jpg

Mine didn't have any spots or I just didn't notice them.  Anyway installed it with the dim as a T, seemed to high up on dim and couldn't get it set the way I wanted.  Flipped it over to the upside down T in dim and it works great.  About twice as bright as stock on dim with wider beam, bright is amazing !!   This is a great deal for a simple upgrade to the woefully inadequate stock headlight.

I noticed the OP mounted his light with the low beams on the bottom while others have theirs on top. Meaning the upper or lower row of LEDs are lit up. I plan to have the upper row lit on the low beams as that puts the rear plug on the bottom as it seems it should be.

Also, the stock housing tapers in a bit on the bottom, isn't a straight rectangle. Where as these lights are. I am tempted to bring the light out some to flush with the number plate. Rather than being recessed back in like the stock lamp.

Another issue I see with these, the outer glass, well.... isn't glass. It is plastic. I imagine it will start to get scratched and dulled. Then again, just rinse it clean and blow it dry and it shouldn't ever get too bad.

Now on to the mounting!

I wouldn't worry too much about hazing, just get a bottle of the Maguires plast-x and polish the lens up every once in a while.  The stuff polishes and protects very well, been using it on my plastic headlights on my cars for years, works great.

I ordered one to try out , if it works out I have 2 more to get . Damn deer are all over here and I can't get too much light . No cars to worry about where I need the light so I can run them aimed higher. I've had to emergency brake twice this fall already .

I mounted mine using the hardware supplied with the eBay light instead of reusing the stock surround. Attached are some pictures detailing it.

I used two lightweight wood/bench clamps, a heat gun, and a pair of vice grips. Heated the mount with the clamps holding the bracket to my workbench, then attached the vice grips to the light mount portion that connects to the small bike mount piece in the kit, and bent it about 90*. I have full up/down range of motion for the light based on that bolt pivot point.

Unfortunately my light came with some hazy circles inside the housing that bugs the crap out of me,but doesn't affect light output.

Sorry if the pictures uploaded sideways, I'm on mobile.

1446963839671.jpg

1446963857157.jpg

1446963892682.jpg

1446963915600.jpg

Edited by Devils Advocate
  • Like 1

I got mine installed and like it ,gladly it doesn't have any of the lens spots ,first thing I looked for when I opened it up. I could use a little wider pattern though to get more light out into the ditches.

• Like 1

Been 7 months since I installed mine. Ride my bike 5 days a week the entire time on the street, and ran it 90% of the time on Hi. Lense never hazed, still looks new and all the LEDs still function like new. Only went on 1 night ride and wasn't as bright as I thought it was gunna be. Regardless it's still a better option over stock for street use as it's visually pretty damn bright and noticeable when looking at it.

• Like 1

The 45w is the power consumption. LED Is far more effecient than incandescent.

3000 lumens is closer to 190 watts output, with 10w less draw. I'm getting one!

Looks ok, but you can get 3000 lumens for 20 watts now. More $ though.  If maxed out on stator output or want to add heated grips or something, you can use less.

Looks ok, but you can get 3000 lumens for 20 watts now. More $ though.  If maxed out on stator output or want to add heated grips or something, you can use less.

Do you have a link to such a headlamp?

Thanks much,

Warner

• Like 1

Do you have a link to such a headlamp?

Thanks much,

Warner

It was actually a set of 2 aux lamps that added up to. My bad. 

Those lense spots could be from spilt glue during assembly.

They look like some sort of manufacturing defect. Either way, it doesn't affect the light output, just the looks if you're up close when it's off. Still more than worth it, especially for $40 US.

LED are the way to go. I've run this setup for a long time (but one on top of the other on the right side of the plate) I just built this setup for them and like them side by side more. Still need to figure out a way to mount the number plate.

1448491791182.jpg

1448491908978.jpg