Sign in to follow this  

FCR Sudco cable connection

For some reason I feel like I'm not booking this up correctly... It operates smoothly but I feel like the push cable has too much slack. But I can't connect the cable to the next hole because then the cable won't reach the mount. Is this correct??

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427380477.254165.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427380489.468159.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427380502.302495.jpg

Looks like the push cable should be in he next hole. Can you thread the cable in at the throttle?

Looks like the push cable should be in he next hole. Can you thread the cable in at the throttle?

its pushed in all the way.

I had it in the next hole last night and now I can't get it to reach anymore. I feel like I've tried every combination...

Also the holes the cables are in right now, have backing on them. The 2 holes in the middle are open on each side.

Edited by brraaapperdoodle

Man, I've tried and tried and I can't seem to get the cables hooked into any other slot... The throttle operates smoothly but i can push on the cable itself and pull slack out of the housing, I know its in there. Im afraid this will jam and get hung open, not good haha. Can someone with a Sudco FCR snap a few pics? Im no noob, I wouldn't be asking for help on this if I really wasn't stumped...  :confused:

I feel even more dumb knowing It was hooked up that way 2 days ago. Im worried also though, you can see in the picture, the next hole for the push cable to reach does not have a blocking connection on either side, the cable can slip freely either direction and possibly come detached.

Edited by brraaapperdoodle

My cables are set up in the same holes as in your pictures, my barrel adjustments are different but that could just be a difference in your adjustment up at the throttle.

• Like 1

I think the Sudco FCR kit for the 650R is configured with the throttle lines in the opposite side.

Here is an old post of mine with photos from my setup

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/680827-xrr-mikuni-tm40-vs-fcr41/#entry6863727

and few more pictures.

DSC01961_zpsq79jzkhf.jpg

DSC01945_zps6w7uiace.jpg

But i think this photo from another bike suits your occasion better...

213955536ppzpwgpu66pp9.jpg

I think you'll need longer cables for that issue of yours since you seem to have already fitted the carb under the tank.

I could use longer cables also even though i'm using the ones that came with the kit which are supposed to be longer than the OEM ones.