eBay radiators

My 250 is needing some new radiators. I've already dumped a shit ton of cash into this winter so I was looking on eBay. I see these radiators on there anywhere from 82-105 bucks. Anyone ever use them ? Are they piles of crap or worth purchasing. Any info would be helpful...

I've got a set of eBay GPI radiators on my 07, they were $89 with free shipping.

No problems so far.....they were a near perfect fit although I did have to heat and tweak the bottom crossover pipe which was hitting on the RC valve. Not a big deal, but there was absolutely no way I could even fit the crossover hose.

The grilles and shrouds lined up perfectly.............something to consider is that they come with their own cap, which when I compared it to my OEM cap had a longer spring and seal.......so I'm using the GPI cap

Thanks for the input, I was a little skeptical about them with them only being 90 bucks shipped. Might pull the trigger tonight an pick them up...

While the Chinese radiators seem to be OK as heat exchangers and don't leak, the fit isn't always the best.  I bought one for a '99 CR250 and I had to cut it apart and weld it back together to get it to fit right.  The radiator has a 30mm thick core, while the stock rad is 25mm, and the manufacturer forgot to properly locate the rad shroud attachment bolts.  They were about 5 or 6mm too far forward, they didn't compensate for the thicker core properly.  Luckily for me, I am good enough of an aluminum welder that I could cut the sides off, rework the shroud mounts, do some trimming to the core, weld it back together and everything is just fine.  I won't be that easy for everybody.

The fit sucks.
The alum. is so soft the second you dump it they get twisted.
and the heat transfer is not anywere close to what an OEM rad is.

I bought a set of winner racing rads. 125 canadian and free shipping from China,they look good, almost bolted right up( had to bend a mount a little bit) and I haven't bent them yet, or overheated with them on. Just my 0.02$

They seem to be a hit or miss on all bike's from what I have read.

Didnt fit on my CRF. Sent another radiator. Still did not work. Left side fit, but welds were poor. 2.0 cap caused the welds to not hold. Hoses aren't correct either. Wrong length, and rub against the motor. Save the money and have ICW repair the radiators. He does great work.

I have a set for both my 250 and 125...the fit is good, looks good with those welds, however my only complaint are the fins are as thin as rice paper so be extra careful when handling.

While the Chinese radiators seem to be OK as heat exchangers and don't leak, the fit isn't always the best.  I bought one for a '99 CR250 and I had to cut it apart and weld it back together to get it to fit right.  The radiator has a 30mm thick core, while the stock rad is 25mm, and the manufacturer forgot to properly locate the rad shroud attachment bolts.  They were about 5 or 6mm too far forward, they didn't compensate for the thicker core properly.  Luckily for me, I am good enough of an aluminum welder that I could cut the sides off, rework the shroud mounts, do some trimming to the core, weld it back together and everything is just fine.  I won't be that easy for everybody.

This was my experience with the Chinese radiators from GPI.  Since I am not an aluminum welder though, I didn't try to make them fit, I just sent them back.  I then bought a set of super cool radiators from Mylars who is a local company for me, he added side impact bracing.  Mylars is a great company and he is a motorcycle enthusiast as well.  I love supporting guys who support our sport.

What did you pay for those ? And how do I get ahold of them ?

I wanted to throw my .02 cents in on the GPI radiators. I bent my stock one and sent it be straightened but wanted a spare set anyway. I went on a limb and ordered the GPI. So far so good. The fit but didn't fit with my WC braces. Haven't crashed on them to test durability but for my kx450f its a good buy. They are cheap! It's not a Honda but I imagine it's similar. Cheers.

I have a set of GPI radiators on my 03 CR125. They fit almost perfect. They seem to work fine.

I'll add that even with radiator braces the fit was great. Had to replace stock vent hose with a bigger dia hose...other than that no problems with installation.

1427915174014.jpg

1427915234947.jpg

What did you pay for those ? And how do I get ahold of them ?

They are quite a bit more expensive at $150 per side but they were worth it to me because he is local and I could replace them easily if the fit wasn't perfect.  Here is a link to his website.

http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/