Drz 469 bogging

Hey guys wondering If anyone had any input on this problem I'm having. I have a 2000 drz 400 e with the fcr 39,it's got the big bore kit, stroker kit,3x3. It is jetted at 160 main and 45 pilot and I'm at sea level. When I rip on it pretty much 0-1/4 throttle it bogs and is real jumpy, especially after I up shift. But after 1/4 throttle it runs great. Carb was recently cleaned, not sure what the next step should be matey changing pilot?

Hey guys wondering If anyone had any input on this problem I'm having. I have a 2000 drz 400 e with the fcr 39,it's got the big bore kit, stroker kit,3x3. It is jetted at 160 main and 45 pilot and I'm at sea level. When I rip on it pretty much 0-1/4 throttle it bogs and is real jumpy, especially after I up shift. But after 1/4 throttle it runs great. Carb was recently cleaned, not sure what the next step should be matey changing pilot?

try adjusting your ACcelerator pump screw. and/adjusting the low speed fuel screw. you should start from 1.5 turn out if you go past 2.5 turns out you may need a bigger pilot. it probably needs proper adjustment ther are guides on the interwebs that help trouble shoot thats how i figured out how to dial in my fcr39mx. but im at stock displacement. i run 45/160 on stock displacement and ssw pipe. so it might be jetting. but you will find out if it is jetting when you run through your adjustment ranges. and your pilot circut is good from idle to 1/4 throttle.

also i am using the JD kit and air jet installed which for im at sea level and warmer climate it runs better than with genuine kehin components. hope this helps. mahalo.

Edited by HooliganNation

What needle and clip position?  Is your pilot air jet in?  How many turns out is your idle fuel mixture screw?  Elevation?  What cams are you using?  Is this the slant body fcr?  What exhaust?

I think that'd be the place to start.  Strange how you're running a 160 main and it's working well up top.  My 470 has 160 main and 45 pilot and i need to go down to a 155 or 150 main because my issue is bogging and stalling up top and richness issues. 

My idle circuit works well with emr needle clip 3, 45 pilot with fuel screw 2 turns out and pilot air jet in.  I'm at 700ft.  I have hotcams stage 2 and an open mrd, maybe this would help you.  Every bike and area is different.

Remove the air box door .. Test it

What does removing it do?

Running your bike with the airbox door will tell if you were running too rich before and not getting enough air

I always needed a 48 pilot jet in my slant fcr39.  stock, bbkit and now bbkit/stroker,

How many turns out on the fuel screw?

?

Edited by HooliganNation