Crf150r clutch

I have a 2007 crf150r. The clutch is giving me issues. I have to rev it high to go. It won't move while in gear when I pull the clutch in. I'm not really a mechanically advanced person. I'm learning. So what can I do?

Anyone?

I have a 2007 crf150r. The clutch is giving me issues. I have to rev it high to go. It won't move while in gear when I pull the clutch in. I'm not really a mechanically advanced person. I'm learning. So what can I do?

Anyone?

I'm not sure what problem you are describing. Clutch problems usually fall into two extremes: the first is that the clutch slips and won't fully engage; the other is that the clutch won't release so you can't get the bike in gear with the engine running. 

I can't tell from your description which problem you have. Or even if you are actually describing a clutch problem.

When you say it won't move while in gear when you pull the clutch in, do you mean that when the motor is not running you can't move the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in?

What happens if you don't rev it high? Does the engine rev up and not pull? Or, I don't know, do you have to rev it high and kick it into gear to get it to go? Or is the engine bogging and not pulling until the revs climb?

Yes, when the bike is off and in gear I can't move it, I tried to find some info about it and it seems that's normal for these bikes? And if I don't rev it high enough it will stall. I didn't notice any bogging but I will check again today. And get back to you on that one. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

Yes, when the bike is off and in gear I can't move it, I tried to find some info about it and it seems that's normal for these bikes? And if I don't rev it high enough it will stall. I didn't notice any bogging but I will check again today. And get back to you on that one. Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

A little clutch drag is normal, but you should be able to break it free with a strong pull. Have you checked the clutch free play? I don't have access to the specs right now, but you should have just a little slack at the clutch lever, but not a lot of slack. Adjust it with the screw adjuster where the cable goes into the lever. This will allow the clutch to release all the way. Check it again when it is hot, and if there is no slack then, adjust it until there is a little.

The other issue sounds like a carb problem. The CRF150R/B has a large carb for a small engine, which makes the bike touchy about jetting, and not very strong below about 6,000 rpm. The 2007 is harder to get right than the 2008 and later bikes because the needle, the main jet and pilot jets were different.

See if this thread is helpful to you:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1061864-2007-crf150r-carbidle-issues/

I had great success with bottom-end power and throttle response with an FMF Snap.

A little clutch drag is normal, but you should be able to break it free with a strong pull. Have you checked the clutch free play? I don't have access to the specs right now, but you should have just a little slack at the clutch lever, but not a lot of slack. Adjust it with the screw adjuster where the cable goes into the lever. This will allow the clutch to release all the way. Check it again when it is hot, and if there is no slack then, adjust it until there is a little.

The other issue sounds like a carb problem. The CRF150R/B has a large carb for a small engine, which makes the bike touchy about jetting, and not very strong below about 6,000 rpm. The 2007 is harder to get right than the 2008 and later bikes because the needle, the main jet and pilot jets were different.

See if this thread is helpful to you:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1061864-2007-crf150r-carbidle-issues/

I had great success with bottom-end power and throttle response with an FMF Snap.

It allows me to move it around when off with, in gear, clutch engaged, when hot. And thank you. Will check it out now.