Looking to buy new duel sport tires...need suggestions please.

Just bought my first 1994 Honda xl650 Duel Sport.  It needs new tires and I plan on using it about 75 percent of the time on pavement and 25 percent off road but not in sand.

I am looking for a fairly inexpensive tire but most of all I do not want a tire with too much road noise, anyone have any advice on what and where to buy some?

Also, anyone know of any threads/topics on how to tune or rebuild a Mikuni t38 slide carb, I am not seeing much on youtube.

Thanks for any help.

Dunlop d606 is what I run in the rear might be to dirt oriented

Dunlop d606 is what I run in the rear might be to dirt oriented

Likely way to dirt oriented.

Mike

Just bought my first 1994 Honda xl650 Duel Sport.  It needs new tires and I plan on using it about 75 percent of the time on pavement and 25 percent off road but not in sand.

I am looking for a fairly inexpensive tire but most of all I do not want a tire with too much road noise, anyone have any advice on what and where to buy some?

Also, anyone know of any threads/topics on how to tune or rebuild a Mikuni t38 slide carb, I am not seeing much on youtube.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for any help.

I'm thinking this has been covered in the special interest>dual sport forums. Also my get a quicker response there?

I'm like crmikey, ride mostly off road on D606's or Pirelli MT21's.

Mike

I'm thinking this has been covered in the special interest>dual sport forums. Also my get a quicker response there?

I'm like crmikey, ride mostly off road on D606's or Pirelli MT21's.

Mike

on a different note, have you tried the kenda k760's??? Heard good things but not too sure if that pattern will last halfway long

on a different note, have you tried the kenda k760's??? Heard good things but not too sure if that pattern will last halfway long

Those are the trackmasters? Haven't tried, but a friend uses them. My understanding is very good off road but very short life.

Mike