Lube a new bladder ?

should i lube a bladder to help put it on the cap ? or is that a no no  ???

It will lube itself as you pushbutton down and the oil overflows

I think he is asking about just getting it onto the reservoir cap.

Absolutely

A smear of seal grease around the inner sealing lip will not only assist in installing the bladder but it will help to ensure the seal when gassing.

Terry

Absolutely

A smear of seal grease around the inner sealing lip will not only assist in installing the bladder but it will help to ensure the seal when gassing.

Terry

Is it a must? Cause I forgot to grease the bladder. :banghead: And what kind of grease would you recommend?

Edited by sTAb66

i will use some slickoleum 

No you don't have to

No you don't have to

but can i without ill effects ?

but can i without ill effects ?

If it helps, one of my bikes (not sure CR125 or CR250) bladders was greased when I disassembled it (some kind of white seal grease). But I dropped it to the ground and was forced to wipe that grease off cause it was dirty. Never reapplied it and works fine, but I'll grease it the next time I rebuild the shock.

Edited by sTAb66

I have done a few shocks and never put grease on the inside of the reservoir. I can't say I noticed any problems.

As I said the oil will lubricate the bladder lip ,it really cannot matter if it's not ripping the lip on the bladder (very unlikely ) or the bladder doesn't seal (never seen it personally ) over thinking is going on here

I think he is talking about the inner lip, not the outer...where it mounts to the cap, not where the cap and bladder assembly mount into the shock.

Ah i see ,still not a worry ,grease is best but no grease is ok