Sign in to follow this  

New to me CRF450x

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Marc, I live in Canada. Just purchased a mint condition 2009 CRF450x from a friend who's had it parked for a few years. Bike has about 200km on it. Still has moulding rubber between the knobby on tires! :) Anyway, I've been through pretty much everything on the bike and so far all looks good. I am waiting on a new jetting kit and a R&D remote fuel needle. Will also put in a new UNI air filter. For now aside from rejetting I plan on leaving everything else stock to at least get a feel for the bike and will take it from there.

Valve clearance seemed pretty good at first check, maybe a tad tight on the intake side .004". I will run it a bit and recheck for piece of mind. I'm hoping these '09 aren't plagued by valve issues as I've read about concerning older models. My intended use is mostly back roads and trail riding with my girls with their CRF125FB and CRF100F.

Now the long impatient wait for the 3ft of snow to melt!!! :)

Attached a couple pics.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427827380.673736.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427827415.608489.jpg

• Like 2

Something's tells me you will be waiting for another two months before the snow is gone

Something's tells me you will be waiting for another two months before the snow is gone

Yeah I know! :( at least 2 months...roads will be ready before then though...If I need a fix! :)