Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone tried this jetting method?

Another reason to do the carb work off the bike...

If you think that OEM carb is a tight fit you have another thing coming ifn you get a FCR...

Stock isn't allen... its phillips.  Unless things have changed over the years.

Not Phillips, JIS. 

I had to go out a buy a Dremel and I got the screws out in under 30 seconds. I can't believe how easy it was. my vice grips made the screws even worse. The Dremel 4000 has my seal of approval. I just have to wait to the other part i broke from the dealer to come in to finish off the install. I guess i shall do the 3x3 mod in the mean time. the filter just pops out after it's unhooked, right? I might boil the boots or heat them up with a heatgun to get them back in.

Screw 1LyzHy9.jpg      

mSpy7q.jpg

^screw 2

I'll be doing this in the days to come. Just ordered the jd kit, and full fmf exhaust. Then I'll do the 3x3 mod. Yeah you just pull the filter out after you unhook the clamp holding it in. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but I'm a bit nervous to do this mod. But after watching how to videos I'm pretty confident. I'm hoping this will solve my backfiring and running lean issue.

Another reason to do the carb work off the bike...

If you think that OEM carb is a tight fit you have another thing coming ifn you get a FCR...

FCRMX** My slant was the easiest carb install i've ever done. Literally fit perfectly between everything.. makes sense since it's the carb the bike was originally designed around. Getting the mikuni out was a PITA though.

• Like 2

I tried putting masking tape over my frame but it's scratched to hell :( I tried so many ways but I eventually got it. This is the first project where I had 0 left over screws!!!!! 

It's more than doable, just take patience which I have little of. 

This bike is defiantly in the top 5 pita bikes to work on. The engineers defiantly utilized every inch of this bike.  I love my 90s Japanese sport bikes. just remove the tank and the airbox and hello carbs. The carb on my DR200 looks very assessable. I'm jealous of everyone who has fuel injected bikes.